healing well

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

healing well

Postby Guest » 12 Nov 2006, 21:00

Hello!!! I am now 16 days post op and still no regrets with the surgery. Although i want to scream with the itching, no more pain with BM's. I will take the itch over the pain anyday. My CRS told me to be patient that everything will eventually heal. Easy for him to say right?? But it almost feels like i have a heat rash or something. It is kind of hard to explain, it just kind of feels "raw" i guess. The CRS said no sign of infection. Has anyone had this after surgery and does it go away? I still take 2 or 3 baths daily and make sure to be completely dry afterwards. I even go as far as blow drying my bum!! My husband thinks i am crazy for doing that, but hey whatever works right? Everyone take care.
Christina

Re: healing well

Postby Cheryl » 12 Nov 2006, 22:52

Glad to hear the recovery is going well Christina,
Well I am currently 21 days post-op now Image YAY!!!
We sound in very similar situations! Im still not having any regrets.. well only that I waited sooo long to get it done!! I too am having this itch that just wont go away.. in the beginning I was told it was a yeast infection, but i've been using the canasten cream, and it is still there.
God I'd give anything to give it just one scratch!! I hope it goes away soon, perhaps it is a healing itch.. I know when you have other things, such as a scab, sunburn, etc they can itch when they are starting to heal..
I am still having 2 salt baths a day, morn and night.. and BM's are still painfree.. touchwood!!
lets hope it continues to go this well Image
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Cheryl » 18 Nov 2006, 07:17

Hi All
I'm almost 4 wks post op - and all of this week I have been attempting new foods.
Roast Chicken went well, although I made sure Id also eaten lots of vegies and fruit in the same day.
I have had Salmon and Avocado Sushi - that made my BM particulary soft! (however very green)
I even at a KFC burger !! Shock horror, and that went down and came out perfect!
I continue to eat a large amount of fruit each day as well as atleast 2 ltrs of water.. Also my Sorbital and one tab of metamucil morn and night, and all is going really well.
I am so thrilled, Since the Op, this has been a long 4 weeks, but Im actually beginning to believe the fissure may be healed.. fingers crossed!
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Guest » 01 Dec 2006, 15:15

im just so glad everyone seems to be doing so much better!! Image :D Image :bounce: Image
hope we all dont just disapear... :lol!:
thataaatss greeeaaattt!!! Image
dr giz /a.r.g. ///anal research guinne pig