Should I go for surgery for my fissure?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Should I go for surgery for my fissure?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Jul 2008, 12:59

A follow up question is after the surgery after how many days can you resume normal day to day activities like say going to a gym, yard work etc. Try to give yurself at least 2-3 weeks recovery. I was back at work in a week and a half.
Is there immediate pain after the surgery? If so is it tolerable? What happens if you have to have a BM on the day of surgery after the surgery? Yes, there is pain. Mine was worse right after srugery but they gave me dilaudad and After that it was most a dull ache with some occasional sharp twinges of pain. After a week it just felt sore and leathery down there. It was all very tolerable excpet for the immediate aftermath of the surgery.
A Bm the same day generally doesn;t happen but if it does there should be little difference than the following day...
Deleted User 5

Re: Should I go for surgery for my fissure?

Postby Guest » 11 Jul 2008, 13:23

A lot of people have told me that they feel better after surgery (surgical pain and all) than they did with the fissure, so like Val says, you'll be able to handle it!