What kind of pain

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

Re: What kind of pain

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Jul 2008, 12:59

When my initial fissure opened last July the pain was extreme during BM- like I would be passing a pineapple through my anus- no
exaggeration here : ((( !!!!!! I was clenching my teeth to the point that my jaw started hurting. I am a person who is no stranger to pain, I have other chronic painful conditions and I had 2 extremely difficult labors , so I can honestly say that fissure pain was 10 out of 10 in it's acute stage. That pain during BM would subside into more dull , aching pain of sphincter spasms that would last 24/7 - no minute of a day was without pain. There was also some burning and prickly pain in the anus. Over time my fissure started to heal with creams, baths and veg. diet and MOM and mineral oil, but than I would have setbacks and pain would increase. Beginning of Dec. my fissure healed but it opened in mid Dec. with the acute pain stage again and I couldn't wait to jump on operating table on Dec. 20th.
Now after LIS, when my fissure opened in April it felt like little pinch during BM and nothing else. It healed very fast. The fissure that I opened now in July has almost no pain during BM but has burning pain in the anus and some spasm pains deeper up. My fissure closed again in 2 weeks, but some local irritation is still present, my skin tags are enlarged and burn if I sit - so I try to stay off my butt as much as I can.
So, although LIS helped very much, it did not resolve my problem completely , and I am trying to find ultimate solution for it because it really sucks to think about butt every day Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 21 Jul 2008, 07:41

Fiss,
I agree it would be WONDERFUL to not have to think about our butts all of the time!! I am embarrassed to admit I have even had dreams about my butt or BM's which tells me that the whole idea of the problem has permeated my subconcious. At least we have each other--all of us can understand our mutual predicament in varying degrees as to our individual situations. I am going to try to hold onto the hope that if I have the anal mamometry test at Mayo's, I might be able to eventually greatly reduce or stop taking the Miralax which seems to be my biggest prob right now (the correct dosage). I guess persons with terminal illnesses would be happy to trade places with us, but butt probs really suck nonetheless!! At least we have this forum--we would all be so much worse with MORE mental angst than we already feel if we could not share, vent, and learn from each other. :IMO:
This is for Lecia, Tabby, Fissy, and myself to send healing vibs/prayers as we attempt to tackle our probs. (and anyone else who is in a similar predicament) :mermaidgreen:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 21 Jul 2008, 12:15

Cheryl ! Image
I couldnt be without this forum, it gives me the strength i need Image
:nevergive:
Love to all
xx

Postby lars » 24 Jul 2008, 02:35

Thank you all for the feedback :) I to like Fissulyna think I have almost constant spasm pain(tight feeling). Praying that the diltazem cream will start working soon :)
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Jo » 24 Jul 2008, 08:31

Lars,
I also had much pain after the bm, it could start an hour after the bm and last all day. I would look forward to going to bed at night so hopefully I could forget about it while I slept (I took something to help me sleep). Then the whole process started over again with another bm.
My pain was a dull aching tight feeling that is hard to describe, I think it was a constant spasm. I would have some burning pain at times also.
There is hope! The ointment I used took several months to really work for me. Don't lose hope, it may take several weeks to start working. Good luck.
You are also in my prayers!
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 24 Jul 2008, 08:51

My pain lasted pretty much all day long. It would ease up after the second round of ibuprofen in the afternoon but very little. The diltiazem helped but wasn't a miracle in terms of pain control but each month got a bit better. It just takes so long and the progress may not be apparent but you will get there.

Postby ravi » 24 Jul 2008, 10:15

The thing with this fissure pain is so weird. Last tuesday was the best day no problems. I was thinking that I am healing. On Friday afternoon all of a sudden it hurt like crazy and it did not stop for 3 days. I could not walk sneeze or climb the stairs and I was ready to go for surgery at that moment it self.
On Sunday night I was awake till 4.00 am because of the pain and finally dont know when I went to sleep. When I got at 7.00 am it was like I never had the pain.
Knock on wood from this monday I have been pain free. ( I hope I dont jinx it by saying this)
Has this ever happened to any others.
ravi
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby happyass » 25 Jul 2008, 14:45

mine was a combination of ravi's + fissy's + lars + jo's....and sometimes i would just get that pain from passing gas - not even from a BM. i hated those days!!!!!
phew......
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Mae » 03 Nov 2015, 18:53

When my fissure first appeared it felt like I pooped out a shard of glass! Then for all the BMs after that it felt like a papercut, and then throughout the day it felt like being pinched. For the first few weeks I also had a deep, achey pain kinda like spasms only they only happened when I was very stressed out.
● Fissure first appeared Nov '14
● Cycle of healing and reappearing
● Using conservative methods (metamucil, managing anxiety)
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38