Swimming/Other Recreation

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Swimming/Other Recreation

Postby SunshineHope » 26 Apr 2007, 18:56

hello everybody :hi:
My friend recently registered us for a swimming class and I was wondering if the chlorine in the pool or anything else may irritate my fissure more. Do any of you swim?
I have also been told that recreation is important in curing constipation/helping people get regular. Is there any type of recreation that you all would suggest? Sometimes I am in pain just walking too much, so I don't want to aggrivate myself more.
Thanks for any suggestions Image :kiss:
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: Swimming/Other Recreation

Postby Guest » 26 Apr 2007, 19:02

Gosh, I don't really know about that. I am not sure if the chlorine would be a problem but unless it got into your anus it is probably okay. I would think it would sting in there much like it stings your eyes. Might want to ask your doctor.
I think as far as exercise it would be a great idea though. You want to make sure you don't get too much friction going on there though that could exacerbate the fissure.

Re: Swimming/Other Recreation

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Apr 2007, 19:06

And I found that over-streching/spreading the legs can really cause the fissure to flare up in pain.
The question about chlorine in the pool has come up before recently. There's low levels of chlorine in lots of muninciple water already. I swam with my fissure active late last summer. No problem for me.
Deleted User 5