Glutamine

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Glutamine

Postby Jen » 07 Aug 2008, 22:28

Fiss - I am really happy with him. I actually just went to him initally for a second opinion, but I have stuck with him. He is very smart with the hinneys! :) He really thought that the nitro & bandings were going to cure me and was very surprised when I ripped my fissure again. He acts like it's no big deal - we just have to do LIS now. Las Vegas is a days drive from you - when you have had enough of the California doctors, yo can always check him out. His name is Dr. Maranon and here is a link to him...

http://www.crhcenter.com/locations/Nevada/las_vegas.html?stemplate=Consumer&sroot=9

So...How are you doing? Are you still seeing the laser guy? Are you waiting for your colonoscopy now? When is it?

Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Aug 2008, 00:28

Hi Jen- babe : ) !!!
I was in Colorado for 5 days with my hubby and younger daughter. He had a business trip and didn't want to leave me in my "down' state alone and dragged me with him LOL. My daughter wanted to see Colorado too, so we packed at 10 pm and had morning flight - I never was packed that fast in my life LOL. Anyway - the whole story is about me not being here while they called to schedule my colonoscopy ! So , I will call tomorrow morning to make an app. and than I will let you know about those details. Yes, I will stick with laser guy for now - he is , if nothing, so gentle and very sympathetic , I appreciate it so much after all kind of mental abuse I got from some other CRSs. Thanks you very much for the info about your doctor - I would travel if needed - definitely !!! It is only an hour away by plane ! AND - I was never in LV either ; )) !!!
You can be really confident in your CRS - he tried so much and is trying all innovative techniques - he loves his job and that is what makes a good doctor !!!!!!!
Good luck Jen Image - all will be fine - you will see ! You healed with creams - LIS will heal you in no time and forever !
PS: My bum-bum is OK. Some pinching and burning during BM. Of course - as always- butts behave when they know that some procedure is "in the air" LOL ! I just hope that colonoscopy will not rip me apart again! Did you feel any worse after colonoscopy ?
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 08 Aug 2008, 14:57

Fiss -
I am so glad you had a good time in Colorado! I have never been, but I would love to go. The good news is that if you came out here and saw Dr. Maranon, you could just include it in a Vegas trip! Image
The colonoscopy was nothing! Really, you have nothing to worry about. I was so worried that camera was going to tare my butt right open! But I woke up and to my surprise, my bum was fine. In fact, they did not even see a fissure because my bum was "behaving" at the time. My fissure has just constantly been opening and closing for the past 18 months. I am glad it tore the moring of my last appointment. I don't think my docotr believed me about how bad it was. His response was "Wow - that is a deep fissure". Now it is closed again and behaving because it knows it may be cut in 2 weeks! Image
The golightly they gave me for the colonoscopy was so gross. I am sorry you have to drink it Fiss. :oops: It did not bother me that the golightly gave me diarrhea because diarreah never bothered my fissure. Just big BM's do. What is Dr. Laser even looking for with the colonoscopy? Is he just browsing in there? What are they trying to rule out?
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Aug 2008, 15:15

Hi Jen - XOXO !!!
Thanks for comforting me regarding colonoscopy Image !!!
Laser-dude wants to rule out any inflammatory processes once and for all and also to have a better view of possible hemmies and if anything is pressing on the colon etc. I will have to have this done in 6 years anyway as a preventative exam , so I figured, what the heck - better do it now when butt is torn anyway AND all speculations about possible underlying causes would be excluded and proper therapy applied. I just got confirmation that my date for colonoscopy is August 21st , I wrote Tubby it is 22nd - my brain is just off today Image. Maybe I should call again LOL - but no, it must be 21st since she said he does it Thursdays Image - nut case here Image
You are so right about saying that they might question presence of the fissure when is almost closed - the other dude that examined me asked me "if anybody ever actually saw a fissure after the LIS" , and I was so mad - like I am imagining pain and bleeding or making up stuff. Even if nobody saw it (and they did BTW), if one has clasical symptoms of a fissure , what does it matter ??? I read so many times in medical papers that fissure can even close on the surface and not below at all !!!! Image That is how abscess and fistula start to grow !!! I wonder if they know half the stuff we know LOL - just scary buddy - but thanks God we have brains to spare ; )) LOL !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements