Post Surgery Update

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post Surgery Update

Postby Guest » 03 May 2007, 11:24

Well, I am happy to report that I had my first BM this morning about 10:45. It hurt, but not like anal fissure pain; more like having a tender behind due to surgery pain. The pain was significant , but not with the same intensity as AF pain. A 45 minute soak in the tub afterward helped it pass, it helped more like a soak helps an aching back . Everything down there feels sore and bruised. Much, much less painfull than the spasms , or the AF burn. After getting out of the tub though it started aching significantly, but I was about 4.5 hours past due on the vicodin. I took two of those and after 20 minutes I feel pretty well fine. I think I could ride a horse, but my Bride won't let me. She thinks the narcotics are playing tricks on me and I am not really up to getting out. (Truth be told, I am sure she is right (as usual) Image ) Suffice to say I feel better than I have in some time and the BM caused less of a problem than it has since March 23, 07
My friend who died at his own hand's visitation is tonite from 4 to 8 . I really want to go to visit with his wife and help comfort her in her loss. That would involve a 1.5 hour round trip to the Funeral Home though and right now I am afraid I cannot tolerate that. His funeral service is tomorrow - same distance , but I am hoping another nights sleep may improve my condition enough to enable me to go.
Now for some GOOD NEWS! Another friend of mine (whose son works with me) was diagnosed with lung cancer about a month ago. They scheduled surgery and then had to postpone it due to his getting a sinus infection. Anyway they rescheduled the surgery for this morning . I just got a call a few minutes ago on his condition . NO CANCER, it was just a benign mass that in fact was not connedted to his lung or any other part of his organs. Praise GOD!!
Life is full of Good and bad.
I will keep you guys posted on how my recovery does. But right now I could not be more pleased(and I don't think its the vicodin talking.
God Bless All!!

Re: Post Surgery Update

Postby Deleted User 5 » 03 May 2007, 11:31

You warmed my heart with the good news about your firend. Thanks for sharing!
PLEASE stay off the horse for about 4-6 weeks, OK!
If you could get in the back seat and sorta lay on your side, I don't think it would be too bad, unless the car has bad shocks and vibrates a lot.
Everyday the pain should be less. You WILL feel, like a leathery padded spot. That is where they cut, don't worry with it.
God Bless you and I will read your further posts when I return Sunday night.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 03 May 2007, 21:33

Had 2d BM this evening it likewise did not hurt. Immediately soaked in the tub. Some discomfort re: tender area but no real AF burn or pain.
God Bless Us All!!

Postby Guest » 04 May 2007, 06:56

Yea for you! :cheer: Isn't that wonderful! It will be so nice to be able to go to the bathroom and not dread it and worry about what it to come after! I still have to pray before I go! Not that that is a bad thing but I would rather not even think about it-just go!
Don't overdo things there WA! I know it is tempting especially when you are medicated. After my hemorrhoid surgery I didn't feel a thing and I was home walking around and getting things ready to ship (I sell on ebay some) but then the pain relief wore off and I was in terrible, crawling on your knees pain. So just take it easy there-no horseback riding!
It's great though a difference a week can make!
Lecia

Postby Guest » 04 May 2007, 07:23

Amen, Lecia you are so right!!