Miralax forever

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Miralax forever

Postby Guest » 15 May 2007, 15:54

I actually take the generic-we can purchase miralax here over the counter but it is very expensive. I supposedly have IBS-and after my surgery they told me I could take it for the rest of my life-but it has made me extremely gassy and uncomfortable. Does it get better, I've been taking it on and off over year, but this is more than normal-im wondering if it is from my surgery??

Re: Miralax forever

Postby Guest » 15 May 2007, 15:58

I don't know what to tell you Noelle. I took it on and off for 4 years and didn't have any problems with it. I think finding the right dose is important though. I know they tell people to take that whole capful in water but I ended up needing less than that. You might want to play around with the dose a bit.
Good to hear from you!
Chat soon,
Lecia

Postby Guest » 15 May 2007, 17:55

Thats a great idea-im gonna give it a whirl-what have i got to lose! Thanks!

Postby fissure101 » 16 May 2007, 09:41

normal dose is 17 gram. do not go above that.
fissure101
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 16 May 2007, 21:23

Well the surgeon told me to go to two 17 gram cups a day..Today I tried taking half and I'm not feeling too good. Im might go back to none-I think my system felt better when I didnt try to medicate it.

Postby Guest » 16 May 2007, 21:39

See how you feel tomorrow and how going to the bathroom is, but you're right if it makes you feel worse you need to listen to you body!