Day two...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Day two...

Postby Guest » 17 May 2007, 12:13

Today so far I have had three bowel movements. Thankfully they haven't been really painful. I have some burning afterwards though.
I have almost non-existant bleeding, so I guess that's good.
I'm still very much having sore like pain. Since I haven't been having fissure pain for about two weeks now, I'm not quite sure if the surgery has taken care of the muscle spasms.
I still feel weak, but that's to be expected. I only took 1/2 a vicodin today, but it seems as though my body does not agree with it because yesterday I almost fainted after taking only one and now I feel naseauted. So I think I'll just stick to the advil if I really need to take something.
I'll keep you all updated as things progress. Image

Re: Day two...

Postby happyass » 17 May 2007, 20:51

happy and healthy healing ohmyarse.
you're doing great!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: Day two...

Postby Guest » 17 May 2007, 20:54

Glad that you are doing good. I feel sure that the surgery has helped the muscle spasms. I had extreme pain the whole 1 & 1/2 hour ride to the hospital the day of my surgery. I had botox for the fissure and I also had a fistula removed ane 2 or 3 skin tags removed (can't remember). The pain stopped immediatly!!! When I woke up from sugery I felt like nothing had happened and the pain was gone. Although the soreness hit me the next day, it was nothing compared to the fissure.

I would suggest that if you really need to take your vicodin, take it, don't sit around in extreme pain. However, make sure you take it on a full stomach, it will help with the nausea and the faint feeling.

Good Luck and Happy Healing!!

Sheri