Can "loose" BMs cause a re-tear?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Can "loose" BMs cause a re-tear?

Postby SunshineHope » 01 Jun 2007, 10:22

Hi all :)
I have a feeling the title of this post may scare Lecia or Kim (because I've been bragging about my 'itchiness' lately). But I have a sort of gross situation to share with you guys,
Since Aunt Flo is here so lovingly (yes, its that time of the month), Im having rather loose BM's and they're much more frequent than my regular BMs. The first time I went this morning, I used toilet paper, but didn't see any blood or anything. The second time (about 30-40 mins later), I used the wipes but noticed some blood and I had a teensie bit of stinging after - I figured it's because of the watery BM. The thing is (and here's the "gross" part - for the men reading this at least) - I don't know if the blood was from Aunt Flo (the front) or from the fissure (the back).
So I'm not 100% sure if it came from the back or not, but I'd be mighty surprised if one loose BM (that was pretty short and not initially painful) could cause a re-tear? I thought only hard stools could cause re-tears? It's not like I had been pooing 10 times or something, so I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe the blood WASN'T from the fissure and I'm just needlessly freakin' out? Image
Have any of you had experiences with loose BM's and can they cause a re-tear of the fissure?
Thanks all ! Image
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: Can "loose" BMs cause a re-tear?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Jun 2007, 10:30

You can actually get a fissure from diahrrea, I was one! But I had it very explosively for several days last year.
The blood is typical for a fissure, whether it's healing or not, and the loose BMs will alost always sting, whether they retear, or not.
Unless it was terribly explosive, you are almost certainly OK!! I'd relax!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 01 Jun 2007, 11:01

Hey Sunshine,
I know exactly what you are talking about-not knowing exactly where the blood is originating!
Guys stop reading here please (and that includes you, KIM):
One day Aunt Flo can to visit and I didn't realize it and thought I had retorn my fissure-that was scary! It seemed like I did have more pain in general and problems during that time of the month. So hopefully in a few days you will get back to baseline.
Okay guys can start reading here:
I think having to go too often can cause some bleeding of the fissure since that area is being used more plus the extra wiping. Wait and see how you are doing in a few days!
Take care,
L.

Postby SunshineHope » 01 Jun 2007, 13:27

hey guys,
thanks for the advice. What would you guys do in the case of an upset stomach, I feel like constipating myself (haha) but I don't know think that's the greatest idea. I definitely don't feel like drinking the same amount of water and stool softener today, as I don't wanna keep going!
It wasn't really explosive like you've described Kim, so I don't think the fissure has re-torn.
Was I mistaken before, then, in believing that any blood means your fissure is re-torn? Or is a little bit of bleeding once in a while normal?
Thanks!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Jun 2007, 15:53

Oh my gosh, bleeding is a primary symptom of AF. It has happened to us all, and the fissure will even continue to bleed after surgery, because it is still healing.
Occasionally you may get what seems like a lot of blood, but you have to keep in mind a small amount of blood really looks much larger than it actually is.
Blood will also be present in fissures that don't cause pain yet. It's the first sign...
As long as you have the AF, you will have the blood, from time to time.
Deleted User 5

Postby SunshineHope » 04 Jun 2007, 14:35

Lol I am sorry Kim !! I hadn't bled in the past 2 weeks even once so that's why I was confused. I assumed that blood necessarily implies a re-tear.
Thank you for the clarification ! :alien:
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist