A tale of healing?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

A tale of healing?

Postby Helen » 23 Jan 2009, 19:11

Hello to you all.
It has been a long time since I logged on to this forum and wrote something, although, I admitted in my introductory post I would probably be no more than an introductory poster i.e. someone who announced myself to the entire forum as existing then never spoke again. Predictably, I have lived up to such a belief. Regardless, I feel it is time to speak to you all now.
It has, for some reason, taken me quite some time to track down this website as I had not bookmarked it. Rest assured ,I have now, just in case I wish to write to you again... ten years later when I feel like it. For this, I apologise. I am a bad and irregular forum user.
I'm not sure if any of you can remember, but I wrote last summer of my AF problems. I read through many posts on this forum before I felt brave enough to write my own. Comparatively, my AF problems seemed mild. Nevertheless, before finding this forum I felt isolated. It wasn't until I realised there was a world (quite literally) of sufferers out there that I felt brave enough to tell my tale.
A tale which I hope now ends positively. After finishing my course of treatment three months ago, which consisted only of a Diltiazem based cream, I believe I am healed. After years of pain and months of numerous doctors' prodding and poking I think enough time has passed for me to safely say my AF has gone. I was told on my last consultation that my AF was next to healed although I had some, previously undiagnosed, hemorrhoid issues (I think I am destined to always have problems 'down below', is there such a thing as a hyper-sensitive bum?). Hemorrhoid issues? I asked myself, surely I am too young for this? Age is obviously not a factor in either of these medical conditions.
So, there it is. One of many, I hope, tales of healing. I completely appreciate that I am one of the lucky few. My condition was no where near as severe as others. Nevertheless, I hope that my story might bring promise and consolation to others.
Lastly, I would like to thank you all out there. Throughout this entire post I have referred to a second person, a 'you'. By you, I mean, everyone on this forum who has taken their time to read my posts and show me that I was not alone and that people are prepared to listen and to advise me and others alike.
Thus, to you all, I say a great big THANK YOU. Image
Helen
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: A tale of healing?

Postby Corsi » 24 Jan 2009, 04:14

Good for you :D and thanks for posting, we LOVE healing stories!
Healed without LIS or botox? How long did you have your fissure?
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Jan 2009, 07:07

Glad to hear back from you Helen and especially glad to hear you are such a success story. We can never have enough of those! I'm sure there are hypersensitive buns!
Hope to hear back from you within the next ten years!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 24 Jan 2009, 08:54

Hey Helen,
I hope you come back at least to read our replies here! Thank YOU for telling your tale and sharing to our little community your triump and that there can be life after a fissure. I wish you nothing but the best and that your butt will leave you alone for the rest of your life.

Postby Guest » 24 Jan 2009, 09:31

Glad you managed to find us again Helen Image
Its so good to hear good news !
Go enjoy life and have fun :D

Postby val » 24 Jan 2009, 13:56

Image its lovely to hear a nice tale of healing! Well done you! And long may the healing continue.....!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86