Eighteen days Post Surgery!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Eighteen days Post Surgery!

Postby Guest » 20 May 2007, 09:47

Hi All,
For what it is worth I thought that I would give an update on How my surgery and healing has progressed. First of all I want to reccommend (sp) surgery for all of you who may be suffering imense and intense pain from anal fissure and the associated spasm of your sphincter muscle. The surgery was a Godsend for me and I believe it will be for many others whose Doctor's believe they are appropriate surgical candidates.
I hope that my Pre-Surgery pain was a-typical , but I am afraqid that it was not. In any event I was in dreadful and debilitating pain for approx. 5 weeks prior to determining and convincing my surgeon to perform LIS surgery on me. I could not effectively work. I manage a staff of 13 and try to farm a bit on the side. I couldn't do either because I was either in agonizing pain, or I was in mild pain and awaiting agonizing pain, fearing the call of nature and the pain associated with same as well as the debilitating spasms that uniformly came an hour or two after a BM.
After weeks of this and the feelings of hopelessness that was creeping into my very existense I dtermined that anything was better than this pain I was experiencing.
This forum was like a gift from God . IT provided me with support , guidance and very important sense of comeraderie during some of the darkest days of my life; I hid the nature of my problem from virtually everyone except my immediate family and some very close friends.
The Surgery gave my life back to me. It was like a heavey cloak of pain, and despair was lifted off of me immdiately upon determining that I was going to have the surgery. Then , when I awoke from the anesthetic after the surgery was completed , it was like a new and fresh dawning and has gotten better everyday (generally) ever since . All of this took place amidst some very stressful happenings in my jworkplace and my life including the death of one of my close associates and advisors. In spite of and perhaps in part because these additional problems the surgery was the opening of the Way to a new and pain free beginning which pkut me in a position to deal with the problems that my office, my staff, and my community were faced with.
If your searching for a way cure your fissure and you are suffering from intense and debilitating pain for hours everyday PLEASE talk with your Doctor about having LIS . I am not suggesting that anyone forego an attempt to cure this condition medically, ie the use of nitro cream , nfedipine or diltiazem, but PLEASE don't let a fear of the surgery cause you to live with this incredible pain for months and months and years. The LIS WILL WORK . YOU CAN and WILL GET BETTER.
Through the Grace of GOD and the skill he placed in the mind and hands of the surgeon who cut on me I am 1000% better today.
Eighteen days after surgery I saddled mounted and rode a horse with my Bride for about 2 hours. That was yesterday, I then spent several hours working with several horses and mules before spending the evening going out to dinner eating sushi, beef steak and broccoli. I am continueing the miralax, and stool softener and a lot of fiberous food throughout the day .
Now, a day later and two BMs I am still feeling great.
YOU CAN and WILL Too!! Don't SUFFER If it is not getting better consider surgery. It works and it is worth it!!
GOD Bless You All!! Image
WA

Re: Eighteen days Post Surgery!

Postby Guest » 20 May 2007, 11:52

WA,
Thanks so much for taking the time to summarize your experience with AF and the surgery. That will prove so helpful to those who are experiencing the same agony. It was so nice for me to find this forum too to have people to share with, people to encourage and celebrate even the small victories!
I am so happy to hear that you have recovered so nicely. I remember when you were in so much pain. I felt so bad for you and could totally relate so it made me feel even worse for you because I knew exactly the pain you were going through. But now I am happy to hear that you and so many others are getting better and that there is life after this though it does seem like life slows down to a crawl when you are suffering through this.
I wanted to thank you for the contributions you have made to the board, for encouraging others and being quick to help out. You are a real asset to us!
Take care and God Bless,
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 May 2007, 19:37

Hey MB,
It is good that you show us what it's like almost three weeks out. Things should be coming back to normal now and your energy and drive should have returned. No more mental drain from worrying about the fissure, either! How nice.
So I'll just abjure you to please continue to take it easy the *next* three weeks. There is no need to overdo it. Don't worry if you *do* see a little pink or red on the TP, either, the fissure is probably still just halfway through it's healing phase.
Thanks again and continue to keep us posted!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 21 May 2007, 20:08

Hey Kim,
Thanks for the input. The comment on the pink on the tp was very timely. Just today for the first time since about the third day post surgery there was a little pink on the tp and a kind of itchyness . I feel great though and it still feels great to be back to work.
Thanks again for all your help!!
GOD Bless All!!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 May 2007, 20:41

Oh, yeah, the itchyness!
That's a good sign!
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 23 May 2007, 05:35

that's awesome monkeybutt!!!!!
and i envy you that you get to take care of and ride horses. my sister loves that and well, i am not a horse lover like her, but i would love to just take a simple horse ride through the wilderness.
anyway, here's to continued healing success and a beautiful happy wedding (perhaps???).
i don't want to discourage anyone from eating meat....but if you do, start off with very small portions and work your way up to whatever portions your appetite handles.
this will give your body time to adjust and work with all the fiber supplements on getting that meat out.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 24 May 2007, 18:54

Thanks Gareth, for the advice, the good thoughts and the well wishes on the nuptials. I am happy to report that it was a beautiful and happy wedding. In two weeks, Lord willing, my Bride and I will celebrate our 21st Wedding annversary.
Thanks Again and GOD Bless All!!

Postby Guest » 23 Jun 2007, 17:11

monkeybutt,
How wonderful to hear of your wonderful health! Happy Anniversary.......healing......what a lovely gift for you.
Wishing you continued joy in all areas of your life. Marie

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2007, 09:03

HA,
I thought you were healed? By the sounds of your comment regarding riding horses you may not be completely healed at this point. If you are healed, how long did it take you before you felt generally comfortable with everyday life and eating? Did your CRS verify that you healed?
Thanks!