long term LIS vets

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

long term LIS vets

Postby erik » 26 Jun 2007, 07:24

Anyone who has had an LIS and more than 3 months out? I still have occasional bleeding (very little pain) and it worries me to no end. I go two weeks with no bleeding, then have a day where i see a fair amount on the TP then the next day none again. I am worried I will never heal :( I am wordering if others who have had an LIS still have some bleeding or if the LIS is the silver bullet that fixes you for good.
thanks much all!
Erik
p.s. you guys are great!
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Re: long term LIS vets

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2007, 11:43

Erik-
I don't know for sure but I think from talking to people here that occ. light bleeding-some when wiping for example seemed pretty common. I will bump this up for you and see what other responses we get!
Lecia

Postby happyass » 26 Jun 2007, 17:22

hey erik,
even without fissures, i think some people who have dry or difficult stools could have some spotting/bleeding occassionallyl.
i think a big indicator whether you are healing or not is the pain you are in before, during, and after the BM.
if you feel fine then i think occasional blood, as long as it is small and on your TP rather than in your toilet bowl, is okay.
have a f/u with CRS and possibly if this keeps up, a colonoscopy may be helpful.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Jun 2007, 19:09

I still had some spotting on the tP after three months.
I am now six months out from my LIS, and havn't seen any blood for about two months.
But if I saw a bit of red on the toilet paper, it wouldn't worry me too much...with what Gareth said being much of the reason. The other reason is that I understand that most likely, it will really take about a year or more for the darned thing to completely heal.
Deleted User 5

Postby erik » 27 Jun 2007, 19:42

Lecia you are an angel in the robes of a jedi.
Kim. you too.
thank you both for all of your support! some days are better than others...one can only press on. Image
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby Guest » 27 Jun 2007, 19:52

Yes, Kim and I are the ministering Jedi angels for anal fissure sufferers!!! :lol:
Some days you just have to hold on and think maybe tomorrow my break through is coming. So never give up on today!