fissure and something new to me

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

fissure and something new to me

Postby smokejumper0902 » 02 May 2009, 05:43

I have been having a problem for a few years. It started out as having hard stools assioated with not eating right I am sure. Then I was told due to this I had gotten a anal fissure. I had a lot of soarness and blood streaks on the tp after haveing a bowel movement. I began to dread going to the bathroom. I have gotten the fissure under control, now I have a new problem. At first I thought my anus was leaking fluid, I went to the ER, they e-rayed me and said there was a hard stool in my upper intesten, and I could be having some leakege. I could be on the john for quite some time wiping. But that didn't seam right so, this might sound gross but I smelled the tp, there was no smell to the liquid, it is clear with a very slight yellow brown tint. And due to patting and wiping around the anus became very sore and red. Also below the tailbone near the anus is sore, I am thinking maybe an ingrowen hair? but on the other side of the anus on the ridge of skin or vein that come down from the scrotum looks swollen as well. Ingrowen hair? Yeast infection? Or am I on the wrong track all togther. My family doctor just gives me hydrocortzone cream, and is thinking of sending me to a Dermatologist now. Please help
smokejumper0902

Topics: 2

Re: fissure and something new to me

Postby suzyljank » 02 May 2009, 08:01

Hi, so sorry you hurt so much. I think you may have an abscess or some type of infection or if it's more like mucus you may have IBS- with constipation. Are your stools impacted? Can you have a bm? A family doctor is a start but not the best doctor to see when your bum is involved. Make an appointment with a gastro of a Color rectal surgeon. They will probably want to do some testing to make sure nothing is going on further up in the colon and after that they will be able to help you. Hydro cortisone is a wonderful cream but should only be used for less then two weeks. It thins the skin and when you have a fissure that makes it harder for the fissure to heal. For now take in more fiber and stool softeners, I use benefiber and miralax daily and try warm sitz baths and ditch the tp. Use something like tuck wipes or flushable wipes and then jump in the shower and rinse yourself off. Rubbing the area only aggravates its. Good luck and I hope you get some relief soon. Suzy Image
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic