Saw my CRS today.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Saw my CRS today.

Postby suzyljank » 01 May 2009, 10:47

I agree with you Tootie. Everyone heals at their own pace and the stats are for people who are relatively healthy in the first place. If you already had a preexisting condition before the surgery then your healing would probably take longer. I didn't like hearing that I would have to deal with some rectal pain that would come and go probably for the rest of my life. I cried but my CRS was being truthful and he told me it can be managed and that repeated butt surgeries can make matters worse. He said surgery is a very good tool but only if it's used wisely. Wouldn't it be nice if our doctors and surgeons could just feel our pain for 24 hours. I think they would understand more fully what we really go through. Suzy Image
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby cherylk » 01 May 2009, 12:19

I don't think most docs have ever had an AF, so they cannot possibly understand the anguish and frustrating that goes with having one. Image
Last edited by cherylk on 02 May 2009, 04:58, edited 1 time in total.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 01 May 2009, 22:20

Suzy -
Maybe time will help. I had LIS in August and I have had a few set backs. However, things have very slowly gotten better. I can notice a difference from month to month. It is unbelieveable how slow these things are to heal.
Good luck and keep us updated! Your doctor sounds wonderful!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby suzyljank » 02 May 2009, 05:42

Everyone here has given me hope and I thank you, sometimes the pain or the thought of more pain can really drag you under. Sharing with people who have similar problems really helps.. So my goal is to keep my stools soft and strain free and to learn to relax when it's time to go to the bathroom. (Now that's a hard one.) Anyone who has had a fissure knows that you can be one hard bm away from trouble. I hope that feeling goes away though. So thanks to everyone here I'm going to try my best to be more positive. Without someone to talk to I would have been in real trouble. All of you are angels. Suzy Image
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Guest » 02 May 2009, 12:19