Fissurectomy??

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Fissurectomy??

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Jun 2009, 12:20

I think it's up to a REAL doctor to decide whether Buck is "set up to heal" and I also think your tone in your reply is unwarranted. You are certainly welcome to disagree with anyone here but if you can't do it in a polite way it would be best not to do it at all.
If Buck was having spasms and now doesn't, then it's a simple medical fact that the major problem preventing his healing has been addressed. Period.
If he has other issues that one CRS is not catching, then that is another story. He should see other doctors as you mentioned.
Deleted User 5

Postby juney » 30 Jun 2009, 13:28

sorry if you were offended kim...i didn't mean it that way Image
i think the symptoms Buck is experiencing right now sound indicative of a potential problem, not a normal occurence on the road to healing 8 weeks after surgery. i'm concerned for him and hope he sees someone that can evaluate his situation. nurses over the phone tend to downplay things and act like people are overreacting.
internet advice is never the same as having a real dr examine the area and none of us are medically qualified to diagnose a person's symptoms but increased pain, significant bleeding, and discharge from a recent surgical sight are usually bad signs. in my own personal experience that's been the case anyway.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Buck » 30 Jun 2009, 16:43

I called my doc again yesterday and he prescribed a pain med to last until my appt. next Friday. The nurse basically told me that I shouldn't be having pain 8 weeks post surgery. Well, it's there and I don't know what to say. The blood has subsided some, but it is evident after every bm..... sometimes more than others. The pain is coming from the surgical area. I was doing so well but something must have happenned because it hurts as bad now to have a bm as it did the week after my surgery. The nurse said there is no way I tore anything and asked if it could be another hemmy, which I know it isn't. I've had frequent and watery bms lately and it has really increased my discomfort. I had to wake up at 2am last night to use the bathroom and couldn't go back to sleep from the pain. I just got back from a 7 hour drive for work and my bum is sore! Hopefully the doctor will find out what's wrong with me. Maybe I'm just crazy.
Thanks for all the advice and taking the time to read my mess. This butthole of mine is ruining my life, but I have faith I can rebound. I just need to feel like I'm healing.
Buck
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby juney » 30 Jun 2009, 17:25

buck - i completely understand your pain and frustration. i had a fissurectomy last september and by 8 weeks and still in serious pain i knew something wasn't right. at that point my dr couldn't explain why i wasn't healing, but my symptoms were no worse than they'd been before surgery.
i'm glad you get to see your dr soon and i hope he has more to offer than pain pills.
i think some people just have it easier than others, in that they have a simple LIS that ends the spasms and that's the end of their story. can't we all be so lucky!
i'm sure you'll rebound and heal eventually...it's just a bumpy road!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Buck » 30 Jun 2009, 17:46

I'm dreading going to the CRS again, but I'm ready. I really couldn't tolerate my last appt. which was just over a week ago (he couldn't examine me), and I feel like I have gotten worse. He mentioned numbing me this time so hopefully it won't be too bad. I don't know what else he can do if the surgery didn't work. At least the spasms are gone. The spasms were miserable but the doc said my hemmy was the root cause for my fissure not healing. The spasms, fissure, and hemmy are now gone...... why do I hurt so bad! I just need to keep my spirits up and know that I can get thru this and my body can find a way to heal. I'm really trying.
Buck
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2009, 11:58

I hope all goes well for you Buck. I agree the spasms being gone is good. Maybe you have an infection or something? I'm not sure, but it's good you are going to get it looked at. One thing though---I can only take so much miralax and such as if I have runny stools they can really burn bad. I have to have soft, but not runny stools or I get a lot more pain...just a thought!

Postby Buck » 01 Jul 2009, 13:57

Thanks for the comments. I took a fiber suppliment yesterday and halfed my miralax dosage (i usually take a double dose) and had a much better morning. I tried to take a peek today in the mirror and could tell that the previously stitched area was red and possibly white. I'm starting to think i may have an infection, or I just made it very raw during this last episode of diarreah. I'm still in pain but managing to get by. My in-laws took the kids for a couple days so I'm taking off work and plan on relaxing with my wonderful wife and playing in the garden. I just need to stay positive.
Have a good 4th of July everyone.
Buck
Buck
Fibre Addict