Amitriptyline and Tramadol

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

Amitriptyline and Tramadol

Postby Peachy724 » 05 Aug 2009, 02:59

Ok folks, what do we think of this one? The GP has now put me on Amitriptyline 10mg as well as 400mg of tramadol, still in pain, should I just stop them all as they are constipating me ? The Amitriptyline isab anti depressant but it had been shown to work well with nerve pain, any thoughts people ? Xxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: Amitriptyline and Tramadol

Postby of all the places to hurt » 04 Aug 2011, 07:23

Hi, I was prescribed tramadol yesterday and took my 1st one this a.m. I feel a bit spaced out with them! Doc also gave me movicol as they do cause constipation...great! NOT! Oh, the joys of this condition!!! So have taken movicol for the first time. Am waiting to see what happens? Its been 3 hours since taking tramadol and i still have that pain in the butt! Hope u get some replies! Good luck Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Re: Amitriptyline and Tramadol

Postby val » 04 Aug 2011, 11:12

I put on 3 stone when I took amytryptiline! In 3 months! It was for a slipped disc in my neck though, and I was near enough bedbound after always being active. It takes a couple of weeks to kick in, it's not an instant fix. Tramadol is good for after surgery pain, not sure about spasm pain, nothing took that away!
Definitely take a stool softener with them!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86