Valerian

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Valerian

Postby derryboy » 22 Jul 2009, 08:05

Really now at my wits end. nurse came in today, and i broke down, the tightness and the pain its causing is getting all to much, and i guess with all the rest of the anal surgey in te past 6 months i just had enough and cracked.
yesteray i spoke to my crs mr smith , what a smashing great guy he is, but sadly am not allowed to use any creams until all wounds are healed over 100% no matter how shallow it is, the risk of infection goes up by on his reckoning 70% so no anolheal, nitro, anything even herbal stuff is no go, only thing im allowed on my butt is saline solution by the nurses, or warm water by a shower head,
he said he would see me in aug and see just how tigt things were, as he said before he performed the laid open fistula back in june he done an ano-scope & ridge scope and then he thought my passage was really tight. but was hoping this was caused by the fistula.
anyway he was going to phone my gp and tell him to give me a script, for painkillers mean time.
anyway getting to the point......Valerian..... has been suggested to me by a few of my good boardies here... .... ive look at it on googe etc..... some say it cause the dreaded constipation.... other sites say nothing at all about constipation.... what do i trust.... well my boardies of course.... so of you have use the Valerian herb tablet.... did you find it constipating..... if you did then i wont bother trying it. last thing i need is constipation.......
MOVICOL RULES its my best buddy :D
am going through a sad time. i think since all my probs started in dec08 are now taking tere toll in mind to now... nurse thinks its to early to think about A/Ds. she thinks its just a low patch just with everything ive dealt with since 08.. she reckons alot of people wouldve cracked long b4 now....
but thats not me.. am a stubborn old fool... and hate admiting defeat.... so used to being able to do stuff for myself...... fissures, fistula`s hemmies, butts in general who needs them....
at this moment in time id glady have a colon-bag fitted, and my butt stiched up forever...
sorry rant over... you know i love you all dearly...... xxxx
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Re: Valerian

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Jul 2009, 09:15

Hey, don't crack, Dazzy! Just come here and get it off your chest! I was cracking, too, so I know what it is like, buddy!
Sometimes you just need to go to the front door and shout!
"I am sick of this sh*t!!!!
Can't hurt, right? The neighbors may wonder, WTF, but they'll get over it! :)
I don't really have any experience with Valerian root, maybe someone who has will drop by here soon!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 22 Jul 2009, 09:22

Hey Dazzy,
I think an A/D might help you. You have endured so much and have been basically housebound. That kind of ongoing stress would get to anyone. I say take advantage of anything that might help you feel better. I am still taking my A/D but will probably stop it this fall which would be about a year of taking it. Movicol is great. My mum takes it now also. Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 23 Jul 2009, 07:37

Aww Dazzy Image Sorry to hear you are in despair Image
I have never taken valerian so I wouldn’t know, a quick search shows it can help with constipation ! Image
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ei=nGVoSsaqO4TNjAfN1bmvCw&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=valerian+and+constipation&spell=1
You have been through alot just latley but you will get better Image

Postby derryboy » 30 Jul 2009, 03:56

well nearly a week in on taking valerian and i must say there is a difference,, i was taking 3 tablets a day, but after around day four i was findin myself very dozzy, sleeply, lighthead way. i callled my heath shop. who said better taking 1 or 2 tablets 1hr b4 bed, which i find work better, it wil take around 3 weeks to get full benifets of the valerian but yes they do make a difference... how big yet remain to be seen..
feeling slightly better within myself, i think it was just all the mental strain, my brain stopped working.it shut down, had a power strike,.
see mr smith in a couple of weeeks, and nurses are happy at the stage the wound is at.,
infact one of the nurse said to perform and laid open anal fistula surgery invoves cutting in2 the spinchler(spelling). me being me asked like having L.I.S in away, she said it was. but she said ask mr smith, so now it might seem i have had L.I.S maybe cause of the fistula. but wont really know till i talk to mr smith.
wil keep you up dated guys, thanks for being here for me.
one thing i notice..... the games thread...... no one plays...... no more.... Image ....... why..... or were you all missing me that much :D ... that the games wernt the same with out me ..... hahaha only joking guys....
luv to u all xx
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Jul 2009, 05:58

I can see where LIS could have helped you by keeping you loose down there, Dazzy. Let us know what Dr. Smith says about all that!
Maybe we are all just suffering from game-board fatigue or apathy, or a little of both, Darren!
Glad you are feeling better, it is about darn time you did! Now just take care of yourself so you can get back to normal!!!!
Deleted User 5

Postby derryboy » 06 Aug 2009, 04:01

valerian tabs work ok. but the powder is super. you can mix it with pretty much anything.
derryboy
King Fissure

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements