I need some help today....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I need some help today....

Postby Guest » 15 Jul 2007, 16:36

Ok,
I had what I thought was a normal BM this morning but it was just a little bit larger then normal. It felt like I was scraping the left side of the anus with the movement. No blood in the toilet, but a bit of pink on the toilet paper.
It has hurt on and off all day. Now I'm starting to feel a scraping pain on the right side but haven't had a BM since this morning. I never really had any issues with spasms up until this point, but is this what it feels like? I always thought the pain would radiate locally around the fissure, but I'm starting to feel like glass is inside my entire anus.
HELP!

Re: I need some help today....

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 Jul 2007, 16:49

The spasms feel like they coming from up higher in the anal canal that the fissure. It is more like a compression pain, but it is rather sharp at times. I don't know if I would compare it to glass, but your perception or situation is probably different than mine was.
Is the pain constant or does it come and go...?
The spasms are generally located in the sphincter area, not around the fissure site...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 15 Jul 2007, 16:56

My pain feels more right around the anus...tightening, sharp pain. I can tell you Kim without a doubt, this is the last straw. I'm going to set up the appointment this week to schedule the surgery. This is ridiculous to live life like this. I hope to God that I can just have a freakin normal BM after I get the surgery done.
Thanks for the reply Kim!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 Jul 2007, 17:04

Chris, you sound like I did when I finally decided to do it. But even then, I changed my mind a couple times.
It still sounds like spams, if it is a tightening pain.
You will have normal BMs soon after the surgery, and no more spasms period, but I cannot assure you that you won't have some unforeseen complications during the recovery, but in all likelihood nothing but bumps in the proverbial road.
I allowed myself to get constipated *RIGHT AFTER THE SURGERY* because of the pain meds and I fell of the diet..., so my recovery was ROUGH the first few days, but it evened out and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat, even with all the complications I had, because I did get my life back...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 15 Jul 2007, 17:31

Thanks Kim!
Given the pain meds, what would your recommendation be for diet, stool softener, etc...rght after the surgery?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 Jul 2007, 17:59

Just stay on the AF diet, don't go eating burgers and stuff. I was offered non-AF foods while I was still in the hospital, and made the mistake of accepting them!!
Ask your Dr. about the stool softeners, but I would try to continue using them. I was given metamucil and mineral oil while in the hospital, but told to stop the mineral oil the next day when I went home.
In other words, don't change anything you're already doing unless the Dr. says to...
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 16 Jul 2007, 09:53

If it is a stinging paiin all around the anus, you might have irritated the anoderm. I know spicy food does this for me. I can feel the burn in the fissure and all arounf the anus.

What stops that kind of burn for me (there are many kinds of burn I've learned) is applying Desitin, a Zinc Oxide based cream. It is for diaper rashes, so i figured it would sooth skin irritated by poo, and it does.

Maybe that'll get you through until your surgery.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 16 Jul 2007, 16:13

Thanks BG! Awesome recommendation...I'll give it a shot,