What can you do!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What can you do!

Postby Guest » 15 Jul 2007, 06:27

Hey All,
So I may be right back to the beginning of my "fight"--bright red blood this morning, and more than I've had in two months. In fact, it feels like a new AF as I felt strain at the back this time. I've been having a lot of digestive issues lately--and stress--and that has caused me to have less than ideal bms. So I've got the stronger burn again...but I've also got my diltiazem!
As a nursing mom, I can't use a lot of the stuff that you all use to help you out with bms. And colace does something weird to me. I have to be careful with prune juice because it goes straight through to my baby and that can affect him. Aloe vera is out. Mineral oil is out. Flax seed vitamins are out. And certainly limiting my caloric intake is out! So I just have to keep thinking positive. I refuse to let this make me stop nursing--it's not my son's fault I have an AF. There has to be an end to this road. I am certainly not healed but I'll get there somehow. I'm glad I'm going to see the surgeon towards the end of the month. At least he'll let me know what the heck's goin' on!
I wish you all the best of luck in your battles with the AF beast! It is a beast, I tell you! But you will get there. Somehow we'll all get there. There are setbacks in recovery. What can you do! But recovery is possible.
Thanks again,
Merita

Re: What can you do!

Postby Guest » 15 Jul 2007, 06:59

Merita,
I agree there are setbacks. But the people in this forum will talk you thru it. I have had one setback after another. I see the surgeon on 7/18/07. So hopefully both of us will get some answers and some positive feed back. Hang in there you are a great person, your child comes first it's obvious on how you are handling things and I admire you!!
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 Jul 2007, 07:45

Hi Merita,
I sure wish I had an easy fix. Try to avoid any foods or drugs that may thin your blood, and take hot baths when you can. I'm glad you are seeing your surgeon soon, as he/she may have some ideas on how to reduce the bleeding.
Yes, you will not always have the AF. It will be a memory one day. Just hang in there and keep doing those things you can do...
Deleted User 5

Postby SunshineHope » 17 Jul 2007, 00:04

Aaw Merita. Bless. That seems very tough. I really admire your optimism/positivity though. Sometimes I complain quite a bit about this whole ordeal, and even then I'm allowed to take mineral oil, miralax, etc. The best thing to remember is just that one day it will be better, and there almost always are options to help you.
Both of my grandparents have had fissures and my grannie was telling me that her doctor told her that soaking/baths can sometimes be even more helpful for a fissure than medicine. I think bathing is probably one of the best options for you right now with regards to healing. For the bleeding, before I started using Miralax I just used to drink loads and loads of water - usually the 2L water dose helps keep stools soft and thus prevent reinjury/blood. I think that's one of the best natural ways to prevent blood/retear. It's tough though, I know.. But it 's very possible, we just have to try our best.
I hope your doctor can help more too when you see him/her . God bless.. Hopefully we'll all have healed bums some day soon..
x o
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 17 Jul 2007, 09:35

Setbacks just seem to be the nature of the beast. I wish it were a more linear recovery. The uncertainty of not knowing what your day will be like until you go to the bathroom is very stressful.
Hang in there. I think that is great you are so commited to nursing. You are probably doing this but I thought I would mention putting the Ky jelly and/or A&D ointment in the entrance before you go and see if that will protect the area.
God Bless,
Lecia