New member in agony following 2nd lot of botox

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New member in agony following 2nd lot of botox

Postby muminagony » 25 Oct 2009, 14:27

Hi there. I am new to the boards, although have been using the site for many months now for advice etc. A summary of me is that I have a chronic AF and have had for the last 16 months - it started just after the birth of my second child. I live in the UK. I have tried all the creams, on a very high fibre diet, take about 100mls of lactulose a day, don't eat red meat etc etc. I had first lot of botox in March of this year, it worked for a while but then the AF came back with avengence over the summer. So, I had a second botox injection and fissurectomy almost 2 weeks ago and have for the last week been in serious absolute agony. I was in pain following the first injection but nothing at all like this. I was out of town last week so in desperation went to see a local GP to see if perhaps there was something seriously wrong following the procedure. He said that he can see 3 haemarroids on the left side and that these have probably been caused by the stress of the procedure.
I spoke to my CRS on Friday who reassured me that this could have happened and we discussed my pain relief. I am taking ibuprofen, paracetamol and tramadol, plus using lidocaine gel and literally i get hardly any relief from the pain at all. After a BM the pain is just so awful i have to lie down, then the pain comes and goes literally all day. I have 2 children of 4 and 16 months so being incapacitated like this is just terrible - plus it is half term hols now for the older one so i am about to face a week with both of them.
I just wondered if anyone else had had these haemarroids following botox - the GP told me that it would probably take 1 to 2 weeks to go - is this likely? My CRS said that I could come and see him if I wanted to and he would check me over and give reassurance, although if i felt it wasn't necessary he was sure that i was doing all that could be done.
I am seriously at the end of my tether with all of this and finding it so difficult. The pain is just like nothing I have ever experienced and far far worse than the AF pain and about a hundred times worse than the pain I was in pre botox injection!
If anyone has any words of wisdom / advice that would really really be appreciated. Like many others i haven't really told many people about this but now that i am so incapacitated i am starting to have to tell people.
Thanks very much for listening!
muminagony

Topics: 1

Re: New member in agony following 2nd lot of botox

Postby happyass » 25 Oct 2009, 15:30

hi muminagony,
i am sorry you are going thru so much agony, in light that you are going to have to have your hands full with your yee ones 24 hours a day soon.
the only thing that sounds like may be contributing to your extended pain is possibly the side effects of all that medication - which are all known to cause constipation - the ibuprofen, paracetamol, and tramadol. no sure how your bowel movements are - are they stressed, difficult to come about, painful because the stools are hard - or are they rather fluffy and slip right out?
if those hemmys where not there prior to your botox, it may be that yes, you are straining still and are causing more harm than good - which is what you want from the procedures you just went through.
are you straining?
it's great that you are in the uk because you may have easier access in finding a macrobiotic counselor - i recommend visiting this site:
www.macrobiotics.co.uk
it sounds like you may be doing some right things with your diet but i can't help to think there could be another approach overall.
have you considered also acupuncture and oriental medicine?
good luck and keep hanging in there because i know its a tough time for you.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here