Worst season for AF winter or summer?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Worst season for AF winter or summer?

Postby afugh!! » 20 Oct 2009, 04:05

Summer is not bad as long as I don't (which is hard to do)sweat.At a 100 degrees getting sweat down there was downright painful and really itchy and I hated it.Got the taste of the cold weather last week and today,my fissure would sting a little and my butthole would tighten up from the cold wind and make me walk funny.I live in socal so winters don't get super cold here but so far I think the cold is more bearable.I might change my mind though when winter comes around and the temp dips below 50 degrees.Hopefully my fissure would heal up by then.What do you guys think is the worst season for AF?
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: Worst season for AF winter or summer?

Postby derryboy » 20 Oct 2009, 04:25

in the uk, it dont matter, it sore all yr round IMO, with breaks here and there, but id say 5 days out of 7 theres some kind of pain wot ever the season
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby afugh!! » 20 Oct 2009, 04:35

I've been in the UK in the summer time and I found it pleasant even if it rained off and on.I'd rather have my fissure in the summer time there than here when it was 108 degrees and the sweat on my fissure was killing me.There was a period when it was only high 80's low 90's when my fissure was at it's worst and I was atleast able to venture outside.Over 100 and my butt is stuck at home with a/c Image
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby afugh!! » 20 Oct 2009, 04:40

But then again if my fissure is at it's worst and I live in Alaska dead in winter time I would probably think differently(edited).All i know is if I still have this fissure by next summer I don't know how I will survive work.I barely survived last summer.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby suzyljank » 20 Oct 2009, 06:33

I think winter would be the worst for AFs. At least in the summer the warm days and sunshine let you get outdoors more and that helps keep your mind off some of the pain. Anti chaffing powder helps with the sweating too.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby busymom » 20 Oct 2009, 12:04

For me, it's definitely summer! I love having my car seats heated when I'm in pain, and it's a little bit much when it's 100 degrees out and my seat heater is on high. My kids just think I am nuts!
busymom
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby afugh!! » 20 Oct 2009, 15:50

Ya heated seats is a benefit when it's summer time so I get your point there.My car keys can open all my windows,blast the a/c,hop right in and close up the windows before I get the sweatin.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 20 Oct 2009, 17:00

For me I think summer is worse, but only for psychological reasons. Physically I don't think it makes any difference. In the past, summer meant hanging out late, stuffing myself on food and beer at restaurants, and generally having a good time. After the fissure it meant eating a very limited diet, being worried about pooping all the time, and avoiding a lot of things that I used to enjoy. Winter is bad for similar reasons, though, namely that I used to go be an avid snowboarder and made it up to the mountains about 25-35 times a year (basically every weekend). With a fissure I don't think I'll be snowboarding much, the stance required may produce some ouches :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby happyass » 24 Oct 2009, 22:06

definitely summer for me or days that are super humid.
itchy sweaty butt is not fun - fissures or not!
neuro -- u better go snowboarding this winter!!!! even if you have to reduce the level of snowboarding you do...keep it up and you will have more power over your fissure. i did two marathons with an active fissure, training and all - bleeding, pain, etc.....but i am glad i did my marathons.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 25 Oct 2009, 20:13

Nice, if you can do two marathons then I guess I don't have much to say :) I think I'm going to at least boarding one try and see what happens. A bit worried about what I'll find out but guess I'll never know if I don't try.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45