Generic Miralax

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Generic Miralax

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 25 Oct 2009, 20:11

Hey Sidra, welcome back, and yeah you were right about the game's outcome Image I swear I thought Illinois was going to take it but guess I was wrong.
Both Mizzou and UCLA are stinking up the joint now so I've kind of stopped paying attention myself. Been following the MLB playoffs and getting ready for the NBA to start next week. Over the next few days I think I'm going to get up the courage to try out some beer and see how it works with the fissure, basketball season just feels wrong without a cold one.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby sidra1968 » 26 Oct 2009, 08:20

Yeah Cheryl, tell us about the trip!! Great time I suppose. The weather here hasn't been too nice. How did you feel?..no problems with the AF?
Isn't it funny how traveling just makes you want to turn around and go right back out and see something else on another trip? Always does it to me..then I get a bit down for a week..and then I have to start planning a new one.
Yes, beautiful campus. I was impressed. Of course the fans/people were all very nice also. It seems to be that way when your team is so laughable that others actually feel sorry for you...lol
NG, yeah, my Bears looked like the Illini yesterday...and I was rooting for the Angels..dang it! My saving grace is basketball, as U of I b-ball is my favorite sport. The guys looked great, but don't most teams look great playing against their own teammates? Time will tell. I had great seats anyway..front row and up about 12 feet.
And what happened to Mizzou. We were wondering if Pinkel is getting any heat?
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 26 Oct 2009, 12:03

lol I dunno, I kinda stopped paying attention to Mizzou after that one pathetic collapse against Oklahoma. And after UCLA took it on the chin against Cal I turned my attention to the MLB. But now that both LA teams are toast I guess I'll just be waiting for the Lakers to begin their title defense tomorrow.
I was surprised by the Bears. I thought they were going to expose the Bengals but somehow the reverse happened. Cutler looks like he's regressed this year, one TD in garbage time isn't much to hang your hat on! And has anyone freakin' seen Matt Forte this year???
Looking forward to college basketball too, it's the first time in a while UCLA doesn't have a team that's preseason top 25 so it'll be interesting, hopefully not in an ugly way. I think they'll go up as the season progresses, make the 2nd or 3rd round of the NCAA tourney, and suddenly fall flat on their faces - you know, a typical UCLA season. Most places I've seen have Illinois ranked in the top 25, I'll admit I have no idea who's who on the team though.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby sidra1968 » 26 Oct 2009, 12:16

Well, I'm just gonna take this season one game at a time..no huge expectations on the freshmen (who are the highly rated recruits). Just like last year, I expected the worst and as most fans, was very pleasantly suprised (till the terrible showing in the first round-although we had lost our captain, best defender and heart of the team to injury right before the Big Ten Tourney, and he never played again).
I actually would prefer we not be ranked and move up insidiously like last year. We seem to play better as underdogs with something to prove.
My gut tells me well be OK this season, but that in a year or two, possible Final Four contenders (barring disasters).
You can catch us on tv I'm sure, we seem to be on ESPN/CBS a lot. I watch TONS of college b-ball, not just my team, so I'll check yours out when possible and we can discuss. I just love hearing it on the TV - so much passion!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 26 Oct 2009, 12:26

haha you're some kind of college sports addict :) I pay attention to the rankings, catch a few games here and there, but I usually don't start paying real close attention, even to my own team, until March. In fact I went to UCLA for undergrad and actually never made a single basketball game ... was a bit too busy staying up late partying and sleeping all day. Now that I look back on it I wish I'd attended a few more games considering tickets in the student section were like 7 bucks and the arena was about 200 yards across from my dorm.
Any pro basketball for you at all? Chicago Bulls or anything? I watch pretty much every single Lakers game every season, and when they're not playing I watch whatever game is on thanks to NBA League Pass. The Bulls are one of my dark horses this year, I wasn't a big believer in Derrick Rose when he first got drafted but I'm definitely on the bandwagon now after seeing him in last year's playoffs. That team just needs a reliable big man -- Brad Miller and Joakim Noah just aren't going to cut it against the elite teams! -- and they're good to go.
BTW out of curiosity, any reason you go for the Dodgers and Angels in the MLB? Closet LA fan or more of a Phillies/Yankees hater Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 19 Nov 2009, 01:21

Guys and gals,
Anyone tried the generic Miralax? I now see that my local Kroger grocery store carries it also under their own generic brand name. Ingredients the same as in Purelax (at CVS) and in Miralax. I'm just afraid to switch and have a possible problem (Probably just a mental block against trying something new although they are all purportedly all the same!).
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 19 Nov 2009, 01:27

Not yet here, I've still got one more bottle of the "real deal" to burn through before giving the generic stuff a go. May have some feedback in a month or so though :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby sidra1968 » 19 Nov 2009, 08:34

Yes, I have the Smoothlax from Walgreens and am very happy with it..exactly the same for me, in fact maybe even a bit better so far...they have a 50 dose bottle and it is roughly 50% cheaper any way you slice it (just the way they sliced my butt..lol) Sorry, had to say it!!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 19 Nov 2009, 10:02

I know all of the generics I've found are about half the price of the real deal--Miralax! Question is--are we going to ditch our really good friend, Miralax, for greener (cheaper) pastures?????????
cherylk
VIP

Postby cherylk » 28 Nov 2009, 18:31

Am using the Purelax (generic) and see no difference! Image
cherylk
VIP