Now about 36 hours post op LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Now about 36 hours post op LIS

Postby bob » 09 Dec 2009, 22:14

Had my first (scary) BM about an hour ago - worried that was taking so long after surgery - and no problem! MUCH less painful than preop. Then took a hot bath and put a 4x4 in place with a little bacitracin and in bed, pain free. Completely shocked - on no meds. It was a hot knife up my butt for weeks pre op - just agony all the time, disabled. Worried that I am jinxing myself but so far so good. Right now I would tell those reading this who are suffering to find a good CRS and go for it. Even this one day relief of pain has been worth it.
bob
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: Now about 36 hours post op LIS

Postby bob » 12 Dec 2009, 09:55

Now 4 days post op and doing ok. Small amount of bleeding and soreness but the fissure pain is gone. Have had a few BMs and there is blood when wiping, to be expected, but hardly any pain from BM (certainly nothing like before). Using baby wipes which do a nice job and then apply bacitracin or dibucaine or both and a gauze pad. Used one percocet post op and since then only ibuprofen or tylenol, which has been sufficient. Still encouraged.
bob
Salt Bather

Postby chris2 » 12 Dec 2009, 11:43

thank you for sharing this. i'm about to have surgery on Monday and it is great to see someone going through this so close to when i'm going to and having a good results.
chris2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby bob » 12 Dec 2009, 14:06

Good luck! I was really anxious preop and was trying to find some excuse to back out until the last minute. Fortunately my friends and family encouraged me to go forward with the surgery. I am so glad I had it done. I wish you the best and keep in touch.
bob
Salt Bather