Can Zantac(acid reducers)and Zyrtec(allergy medication)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Can Zantac(acid reducers)and Zyrtec(allergy medication)

Postby afugh!! » 15 Jan 2010, 05:03

Constipate you?Well I've been having a rash outbreak and my doc suggested I take Zantac and Zyrtec and to stop me from itching.It stopped me from itching but lately it has taken away my urge to bm even though I'm still able too but I definately don't poop out as much as I usually do.I'm wondering if anyone here has ever taken either of the two and had the same problem as I'm having?I'm not too concerned about it yet but it has taken the little joy I have left of bm's and until my doc and I figure out whats been causing me to get these rashes I don't want to stop taking it just yet.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: Can Zantac(acid reducers)and Zyrtec(allergy medication)

Postby suzyljank » 15 Jan 2010, 08:06

Zyrtec is an antihistamine and it can cause constipation. If you take miralax or benefiber just increase your dose a bit to compensate. I can understand the antihistamine for the rash but how does an acid reducer like zantac help? Just curious. Hope this helps. I know how just the littlest things can affect your bms. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Re: Can Zantac(acid reducers)and Zyrtec(allergy medication)

Postby afugh!! » 15 Jan 2010, 17:00

Ya as far as the Zantac I do not know why and I forgot to asking the doctor about it.Had a little re-tear yesterday,had a tiny amount of blood on the tp but I definately think it was those medications that caused it since I'm struggling a bit to bm.My bm was small again today but atleast I didn't get any blood on the tp and overall my butt feels normal.I've been on bulk laxatives since my fissure healed 3 months ago but I'm going back to Colace to compensate.Thanks for the advice suzy.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19