So the pharmacy forgot to compound my nitro ointment...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: So the pharmacy forgot to compound my nitro ointment...

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 15 Jan 2010, 17:27

Yeah the medications aren't much fun. Well okay I'll admit that some of them have kind of nice euphoric side effects, but that's only fun when you can choose to take them, not when you *have* to :)
Yup I think my fissure is still active. It only bothers me once in a while though. For instance if I somehow get constipated and have a hard poop, or have diarrhea and poop a bunch of times in a row, I'll get some pain and blood. But in general I'm no longer terrified of pooping and barely know I have a fissure most of the time. Things are definitely more manageable than they were a few months ago -- knock on wood... I am still on a mostly veggie soup diet with daily Miralax, though, and don't plan to stop anytime soon. I think the Botox helped although it didn't fully cure things. I'm definitely not suffering enough right now to rush into LIS just yet. If things get severe again I'd probably opt to try another Botox shot before anything else.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby afugh!! » 15 Jan 2010, 18:40

Maybe you should get botox again anyhow.If it helped you maybe a few more shots through the course of the year can finally completly heal you.Eh easier said than done for me since I'm sure those shots hurt.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 15 Jan 2010, 19:23

Yup I've actually given it some thought. The shots are actually more embarassing than painful if you ask me lol. Being raised high into the air while bent over a table and having needles stuck in your anus isn't real good for your ego :) But yeah if the fissure continues to linger around for another few months maybe I'll celebrate its one year birthday with a Botox injection haha.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby afugh!! » 16 Jan 2010, 03:45

Lol oh yeah I remember your story.Well if it makes you feel better I'm pretty sure those nurses have seen plenty of anus' since its a CRS clinic and they probably don't think twice about it.A real ego crusher would be if they asked you to turn around and look directly at them while they're injecting you Image
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby cherylk » 16 Jan 2010, 07:48

I don't think those people think twice about seeing butts. One of my local CRS's told me that he wished everyone's butt looked like mine--what a comment to make!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46