am i a baby?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

am i a baby?

Postby Guest » 09 Jan 2007, 20:16

ok this is going to sound a bit weird. basically ive been very scared to start the cream so far due to all the side effects u can get. ive been trying to wait and try it when ive had sum days free incase i get a bad reaction. anyway i went onto a bowel board (not this one), one that id been on for a while requesting advice and this girl said i was being a complete baby about it and that if it was bad enough i wud just get on with it. i am also worried about surgery as ive been told theres a big chance the cream wont work, so im also worried about that and i get the impression im being a wimp....is it usual to be this worried about it all??
xx

Re: am i a baby?

Postby happyass » 09 Jan 2007, 20:43

totally understandable that you would be very worried.
i know i am.
and you can call me baby if you want!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Cheryl » 10 Jan 2007, 04:33

Grace,
I know just how you feel about being scared, god i put of my surgery for 6 years because of fear.
I had bad headaches from the rectogesic, but that was just me.
I would seriously think about trying that cream Hugh (ithurtstosit) recommended. Nfepedine i think, god i know i got that spelling wrong Image
He says that has helped him alot.
I would also try looking more closely at your diet - from what you have posted so far, it looks like you are not getting enough fibre in your diet.
Especially your fruit and vegies.
The first way to heal a fissure is to soften the stools and get regularity happening with BM's and maybe try a cream that relaxes the sphincter muscle, this will give the fissure a chance to heal on its own.
If it is already a chronic fissure, it is likely this approach may not work and LIS may be required.
I would recommend seeing a GP to help you find a surgeon experienced in colorectal surgery. Once you have found one go and get an inspection - and then see how you feel about it.
.. oh sorry and the answer to your Q, NO you are not a baby - you are very brave and you are looking for ways to help yourself, so i think that makes you smart Image
Dont worry, we have all been in your shoes - and i know it is a frightening time.. we are all here to help, and hold your hand... you can be as scared as you want, still doesnt mean your a baby Image Chin up, its all gonna get better from here on in
:bom:
Cheryl
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Guest » 10 Jan 2007, 12:53

the problem is though i dont need to make my stool soft they are already very soft and very loose. the stupid thing is thats when it hurts. if they are more formed then it doesnt hurt as much.....is that really weird?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Jan 2007, 15:34

No, it' not weird, Grace. I'm the SAME way, my dear! The firmer my stools are, the less it (used to) hurt.
That's why you need
F
I
B
E
R
It's the ONLY way your stools will ever get firm.
Hugh
Deleted User 5