Does Heal Fissure from Amoil.com work?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Postby pred » 24 Jan 2010, 21:22

Hi, I am new to this group. I have been suffereing from AF for almost 5 years but I have had success in controlling it. However, for the past week the pain has been quite intense. Not sure what start this but it hasn't gone away yet.
I am thinking of try the product "Heal Fissures" from amoils.com. Has anyone else used it?
Can you kindly provide your feedback.
Thanks!
Pred
pred
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Does Heal Fissure from Amoil.com work?

Postby afugh!! » 26 Jan 2010, 04:18

Welcome aboard Pred.I've read someone using it here but he never posted again so I don't really know the success of it.The sphincter needs to be relaxed so the blood can flow to promote healing of a fissure.Creams such as nitroglycerin,diltiazem,and nifedipine help relax the sphincter but all three are only prescribed by a doctor.I don't think it would hurt to try it but I personally wouldn't bank on it.Browse around on the forums and you will get a lot of info to heal it or to atleast manage the fissure better.Stick around and people will help you here.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby pred » 26 Jan 2010, 08:12

Thanks afugh. I will receive the product in few days and will let every one if it really works as they say in their website...
pred
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 26 Jan 2010, 23:07

Hi, I developed my second chronic fissure late 2008. Being desperate, and based on a recommendation from a friend who used the Amoil (for fissures) product, I used it for about 4 months. It did not work for me and I would not recommend anyone using it as there is no proper science around possible side effects and long-term implications. Since using it I have had 3x LIS and I may be now just starting to heal after the third one (its still early days and I'm not getting my hopes up too much!). Just maybe (I really don't know) the Amoils product may have contributed to my lack of healing with the first two LIS - and thats part of the problem - you just don't know because there have been no proper scientific studies about its use. On the other hand, there is quite good evidence around what has been proven to work. A first step in that process is to see a good CRS and talk over with them treatment options.
Having purchased the product you may not want to waste your money and not use it - if so, than I would caution that you only use the one lot you receive and not reorder.
All the best

Postby cherylk » 27 Jan 2010, 07:06

I ordered an ointment over the internet that caused me intense itching in that area--it came from Thailand, I think. My doctor told me to stop using it, and the itching went away. Those products from overseas aren't regulated or tested like our prescription drugs are, I don't think!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby pred » 27 Jan 2010, 09:47

Thanks guys. Couldn't wait for the shipment and so went to the doctor. He prescribed the below. Its a rectal subliment supposed to reduce the inflamation and help in the healing process. I have used it for a day and feeling slightly better
Drug name: ANUCORT-HC SUP 25 mg
Generic Name: HYDROCORTISONE
pred
Fibre Addict

Postby afugh!! » 28 Jan 2010, 02:23

Ooh I wouldn't use the hydrocortisone for more than 2 weeks if I were you.It may make you feel better but continued use can thin the skin and thats not good for a fissure.I used hydrocortisone for like four months but I kept having re-tears,only when I stopped using it and started using the nitro I finally got my fissure to heal.My GP didn't know any better and told me to keep using it until I found out from the boardies and my General surgeon that prolonged use of it can actually prevent it from healing.I'm pretty sure your GP prescribed it to you but like most GP's out there they are not too familiar with anal fissures.Ask your GP to prescribe one of the three creams I listed above or find a CRS who is knowledgeable with AF.I'm just trying to save you from the heartbreak I went through when my fissure wouldn't heal because of the use of hydrocortisone.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby cherylk » 28 Jan 2010, 04:20

I agree with the above statements. Hydrocortisone is helpful for hemmies, but not for AF's!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby pred » 28 Jan 2010, 05:59

I agree. I have stopped using it. I thought I was feeling better but after few hour the pain and itching start once again. And also it gave me headache and slight dizziness..
pred
Fibre Addict

Postby pred » 28 Jan 2010, 06:13

Also, can you kindly tell me what is LIS and who is a CRS? i.e. the full form please. Thanks!
pred
Fibre Addict