Juices..

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Juices..

Postby Guest » 22 Jul 2007, 16:06

Any advice on what else other than water we can drink. I wanted to have a couple ounces of cranberry juice, but I am developing this fear that everything will constipate me even liquids. Please help. I drink green tea, water and Sobe water. I am so afraid on what to drink or eat. Any suggestions??
Thanks Patty

Re: Juices..

Postby happyass » 22 Jul 2007, 16:11

well you are on a good path of asking patty...
water is the best for you. if you can find a good spring water that is more local to you that is where to begin.
apple juice (natural, unsweetened, and organic) is another good thing to have around using macro. i don't see a problem with cranberry juice either but be aware of the sugar, naturalness of it, and that it is organic.
as far as teas go, you can do no wrong with green tea. have you looked into gemaicha - it is roasted brown rice with green tea. it is so yummy and perfect anytime of the day.
bancha tea is a great way to start your day as it has a natural pick me that is unlike caffeine.
kukicha tea is a twig tea and you can add some apple juice as a sweetner to it. this is good for the evening but not necessarily right before bed time.
avoid teas like 3 hours before going to bed.
another wonderful antioxidant ingredient to look for is ACAI. it is brazilian and infused with berries. it comes as a frozen treat or as a drink beverage too. if you go to Jamba Juice, you can get an ACAI SUpercharGER smoothie. Add a fiber boost and match green tea boost and you have a healthy treat!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 22 Jul 2007, 16:27

Yeah, I don't think you can go wrong with liquids that aren't caffeinated. I would watch out and compare for sugar amounts as they can very quite a bit!

Postby edward_adams » 22 Jul 2007, 16:48

I've found that the 100% organic cranberry juice rather than the usual cranberry cocktail works.

I mix it with water as it is very bitter and strong, but it is a welcome change to boring old water.
edward_adams
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby happyass » 22 Jul 2007, 17:41

just don't use that type of cranberry juice when making your cosmopolitan!!!!! it will kill it!
hehehehehehe....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements