The Effect Of A Vaccine & AF

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

The Effect Of A Vaccine & AF

Postby DinoDevine » 28 Mar 2010, 07:58

Good Afternoon All,
I am going to tell you my story on the Effect a Vaccine has had on my AF.
I'll start from the beginning.....
As I am sure everybody will know, 2009 was the Year that "Influenza A virus subtype H1N1"
took a hold across the World.
Unfortunately, Lives were and still are being lost to this Flu/Virus.
From the early stages of its discovery, Governments and Organizations from around the World all started the process of providing and creating a Vaccine for it.
As it progressed from Threat level to Threat level, the Vaccine became closer and closer.
Vaccines were eventually approved and certified for use.
Well, in November 20th 2009 - My turn to take the Vaccine arrived. I was given one dose of Pandemrix.
Initally....I had the usual expected symptoms. But I was reassured that within 2 Days this would pass.
Well...What I am about to tell you may shock you.
Just 12hrs into recieving the Vaccine.....I became immediately conspitated and nothing I could do could resolve it. That wasnt the worst of it. I became so tired I could bearly stay awake or walk. I felt awful, I have never felt so ill.
36hrs into the Treatment and my Bowels were telling me it was time. I really knew It was a bad idea but I knew I had to attempt it. Well, I nearly fainted during bowel movements then as it Bled and Bled. I was in pure agony and terror. I am sure that in that one Bowel Movement, More tears were created. This was later confirmed by my Doctor 2 weeks later.
48hrs into the Treatment and I was still feeling really really bad. I had to keep taking the Paracetemol and usual Bowel Movement Supplements.
60hrs and things were starting to ease off. It wasnt until 72hrs when I could finally walk and stay awake.
I later found out that, this is quite common! Yet I was given no pre-advice warning!
One the day of the Treatment, I advised that I had recently undergone an operation.
I informed them of which one and was advised that this wasnt an issue.
I am sure that had I not had the Vaccine then, this whole AF issue could of been over much sooner.
Thats my personal experience of the H191 Vaccine and AF.
Jason
DinoDevine
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: The Effect Of A Vaccine & AF

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 28 Mar 2010, 15:21

Did your doctors give what you had a name? Sounds like a mild case of Guillain Barrй Syndrome from the thimerosal on the injectable vaccine? (I know "mild" isn't quite the right way to describe what you went through, but mild for Guillain Barrй is basically any case where you don't get complete paralysis)
I don't doubt that your reaction to the vaccine worsened your fissure. Anything that causes constipation or diarrhea can, so if it messed with your GI tract real badly, I'm sure it made things worse.
For me neither the seasonal flu vaccine nor the H1N1 vaccine had any real adverse side effects (just mild fatigue for a day and a bit of localized tenderness), but an extended round of antibiotics for sinusitis did a nice job on my fissure.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 28 Mar 2010, 15:25

That just stinks, Jason!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Mar 2010, 23:09

That is just horrible Image Image Image ! I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that horror Image.
I never intended to get that vaccine nor I ever will Image - but what happened happened : (,no way turning the clock back Image !
Tell us how are you doing now ??? I hope we can be of any help Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby DinoDevine » 01 Apr 2010, 11:30

Fissulyna wrote:That is just horrible Image Image Image ! I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that horror Image.
I never intended to get that vaccine nor I ever will Image - but what happened happened : (,no way turning the clock back Image !
Tell us how are you doing now ??? I hope we can be of any help Image

Awwww - Thank you :oops:
Well - Still in a lot of pain and it is still bleeding during and after BM :(
Our Water Company suggested we switch to a Special Plan because I have to clean the area so often, we use more water and they wanted to help us keep our costs down :)
DinoDevine
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissulyna » 01 Apr 2010, 11:37

I am so sorry to hear that you have to suffer so much Image - how unfair !!!! : ((( I really hope that your doctors will get to the root of the problem very soon and put you on the permanent path of healing !!!! Image
Your water company is VERY nice and considerate !!!! My water bills were astronomical *sigh. I had tub-soaks 4 times a day and I thought I would grow gills at one point Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby DinoDevine » 01 Apr 2010, 11:48

Fissulyna wrote:I am so sorry to hear that you have to suffer so much Image - how unfair !!!! : ((( I really hope that your doctors will get to the root of the problem very soon and put you on the permanent path of healing !!!! Image
Your water company is VERY nice and considerate !!!! My water bills were astronomical *sigh. I had tub-soaks 4 times a day and I thought I would grow gills at one point Image

:( Does get me down, no denying that but, Im not alone with that :( Mia keeps me happy and you know :)
Me too - I am fortunate to have a really good and caring GP who has dealt with me from the start.
I really do not want to have to live with this for much longer - its holding me back in so many ways.
Yeah - I was surprised too. The Scheme was called 'Water Sure' or something like that.
My Medical Condition - AF - I was told made my household eligible for the Scheme.
Reduced Rates make things a lot easier.
Update - 'WaterCare and Water Sure'
DinoDevine
Fibre Addict