Last time (I promise)...advice on "pushing" during

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Last time (I promise)...advice on "pushing" during

Postby happyass » 24 Jul 2007, 12:06

look into yoga to keep toned in your gluts and legs and arms.
definitely enjoy eating. its one of the pleasures of life that if we take it for the amazing gift that it is, enjoy what is before you but in a smarter way that is also good for you overall.
i would strongly recommend taking natural aloe vera juice 2-3x per day if you haven't tried it. best before each meal but take it in when you can. i still don't know solely if aloe juice is the reason, but i have been eating quite badly here in denver (not because the food is bad but just not macro or vegetarian enough since i have to attend these food functions that don't support such stuff) and well, the aloe juice has really helped me keep things regular and slimy coming out.
i don't think i have ever had in the last four years a good ass experience on business travel and i am happy to say that i survived denver with being regular and smooth. and with happy ass intact.
i can't wait to get back to my macro routine though at home tomorrow :-)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 24 Jul 2007, 12:32

HA,
So how do you know what is edible aloe juice and what is topic gel?
I'm just getting worried that I'm taking too many things to make my BM's soft:
Magnesium
5 HTP
Fish Oil
Metamucil
Colace
How much is enough?

Postby Guest » 24 Jul 2007, 12:41

The topical and oral aloe juice are going to be in separate areas of the store. If you order on line it should tell you what the serving size is so you know it is for eating. (or drinking!)
I think you are the only one that can answer how much is enough. When you feel like you have your bms where you want them I would stop. And don't add too many things at once, just one at a time and see how you do with it.
You have lost a lot of weight. I hope you are okay. I do hope you will find some joy in eating. I know it is tough when you know it has to come out the other end eventually but I bet you can find some things that you like and that are easy to pass. And yeah, a few bites of something will not make much of a difference to your body. I know I am not a good one to talk, (as the resident worrier here) but I do hope you can get your mind off the fissure from time to time and not be fearful.
Hang in there,
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Jul 2007, 12:50

What is your height and current weight, Chris?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 24 Jul 2007, 13:28

I'm 5'11 and 215, which is be government standards "overweight." Before my AF when crazy I was 255 and with roughly 18% body fat, which isn't good, but isn't bad either. Mind you, I have been weightlifting since age 12 atleast 4-5 times a week.
So flak seed oil or Aloe Vera? Which one should I try first?

Postby Guest » 24 Jul 2007, 13:46

I would try aloe vera since you already have the fish oil.

Postby happyass » 24 Jul 2007, 19:39

hi chris,
well i am 5'11'' too and weight around 190 (i wish i was 170 really) but last year i was about 215.
when i had my nervous breakdown i got to 185 and i'll take that. but traveling for work and going home has not given me a break!!!!
i hope to get back to my jogging outside (tough to do in very humid and hot DC weather for me) and yoga inside.
if you are willing to try the aloe vera juice (the one you drink), then i would recommend to slowly ease out of using that metamucil and colace.
i would also recommend you taking a good multi-vitamin just to help you to keep your vitamins and minerals in the body since you are not eating much.
i hope you are doing the all bran bran buds because that will help do the work of the metamucil easily and it's more natural and better for you (my thinking).
so i would keep the flax oil, the multi-omega 3-6-9 oil, and the aloe vera juice. one of these is making me super smooth and regular unlike anything before.
but like i said, slowly ease off - don't just stop - the metamucil and colase.
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 24 Jul 2007, 20:03

I think I'm going to give that a shot. I'm only using fish oil right now, but I'll try moving into the aloe vera juice. I'm guessing it doesn't taste too good though. Do they make chocolate aloe vera juice. :)
I eat oatmeal every morning. I'm trying to stay away from anything that would need milk. I've tried soy milk, and I actually like the taste, but I feel sluggish and weird after cereal and milk/soy milk.
Thanks everyone for all the advice.

Postby happyass » 25 Jul 2007, 12:23

there are many forms of aloe vera juice. you just have to find where it is on the shelf first and then pick one you think may work for you. all i know in denver i got the basic organic aloe juice with no other flavors and it was - ICK! but i'll take it since the benefits were positive for me.
the one i have at home has fruit in it so it is sweeter and helps with the aloe juice taste. but that one was $17 a bottle.
for soy milk options, if you can find EdenBlend milk (it is brown rice / soy / wakame) so it is amazing to have with oatmeal or cereal. when cooking my oatmeal, i use the EdenBlend as the base to boil my oats.
happyass
King Fissure