Visualizations

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Visualizations

Postby cherylk » 29 May 2010, 17:08

Paraphrasing from May 31, 2010, article in "Woman's World" magazine:
Imagining yourself ache-free is proven to be even more effective than medication at relieving the debilitating pain of irritable bowel syndrome. When British researchers taught this technique to IBS sufferers, 78% reported a dramatic decrease in their symptoms. So no matter where the hurt is--your head, your neck, your shoulders, anywhere--try picturing your pain as a hot red ball of fire, then watch it slowly shrink from the size of an orange to a grape to a pea until it completely vanishes.
Visualization is foolproof and free according to Rosalene Glickman, author of Optimal Thinking
Steve Pain, you were right all along!!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Re: Visualizations

Postby fire-cracker » 29 May 2010, 21:20

I will definately give this a try. Actually....I will try anything to help myself feel better. Thanks!
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby StevePain » 30 May 2010, 15:23

Great stuff cheryl.. Focus the mind first, then picture in your head... The mind is very powerful!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 30 May 2010, 16:36

Yes, indeed, Steve! Could you ever try Reiki over there in the UK?????? I'm a Reiki master, but haven't done anything with that for awhile.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 31 May 2010, 00:42

Can I imagine that I do not have butt at all Image LOL ???
(actually just the anus - I love the rest of my butt lmao )
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 31 May 2010, 05:03

Well, maybe I should visualize my butt being smaller. At a family gathering yesterday my MIL told me that she though I looked better when I was thinner, but she understands that my husband is a good cook!!!! :roll:
cherylk
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 01 Jun 2010, 21:27

Oh my Image - what a rude comment Image !!!! I , in general , think that any kind of comment regarding somebody's weight is absolutely uncalled for - no matter if it refers to being too thin or to having some extra pounds !!!! It is such a personal matter and so often actually a result of some kind of disorder or illness Image , and people have no business commenting our weight !!! Image
You look great !!! And I would always rather have some curves than be "flat" lol . I was really too thin when I had a fissure and I hated how I looked. Now I have 8 pounds extra over my normal weight and the only reason I wish I can loose them is to fit in some cute stuff I bought when I was size 6 and not waste money on the new wardrobe. Otherwise - I like my "trunk" LOL Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby cherylk » 02 Jun 2010, 04:47

Oh my Image - what a rude comment Image !!!! I , in general , think that any kind of comment regarding somebody's weight is absolutely uncalled for - no matter if it refers to being too thin or to having some extra pounds !!!! It is such a personal matter and so often actually a result of some kind of disorder or illness Image , and people have no business commenting our weight !!! Image
What can I do? I cannot get "away" from my MIL (acutally step MIL)!! I agree about weight. Two years ago people were telling me I looked bad because I was too thin!! I can't win!!!!!
cherylk
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Jun 2010, 00:47

cherylk wrote:[i]
What can I do? I cannot get "away" from my MIL (acutally step MIL)!! I agree about weight. Two years ago people were telling me I looked bad because I was too thin!! I can't win!!!!!

Well, tell her politely that you actually LOVE the way you look and was trying hard to gain weight ; ) and thank her for noticing since you were worried that you are not gaining ; ))) I always do that for any comment anybody makes in general !!! If they say - "Oh, why did you cut your hair" - I say "Oh, so many people complimented me so far that I am considering cutting it even shorter" LOL - the sour look at their faces is PRICELESS LMAO . If they say I gained weight I say : " Yeah baby : ))) !!!! My boobs are now full size larger - guys are gawking like crazy" !!!! LOL They just shut up immediately Image
People are so mean, in general, that one just have to "rub it in" backward or there is no way stopping them !!!!
Thankfully , my MIL is about 8 times my size LOL, so I am safe from her comments Image , at least regarding a wight *sigh
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby cherylk » 04 Jun 2010, 04:03

That is a GOOOOOD idea the way you handle comments!!! Image And I am just remembering a couple more comments during the time I worked at Cat--one lady hardly ever smiled. She was our President's secretary and always reminded me of Queen Elizabeth (forgive me UKers!), looked kind of dowdy, etc. Here were a couple of comments she made to me--One time when I hadn't been in her department very long (Cat Americas/International Division), she once said, "Cheryl, you're here so much (every day), we almost forget that you are part-time." That is why I wanted to get hired (and did). There was such a stigma to being part-time, kind of like being "second class" or something. Another time she said to me, "Don't get too thin" or something to that affect. People are always commenting to me about my weight!!! Lastly, that is why so many of my co-workers and I would go down and talk with our "stationery guy" (provided us with supplies) in the basement who was/is gay. We'd all go down separately (he told me once) and tell him how we didn't like working with each other (females)!! That's why I prefer to work with MEN!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion