Fish Oil and Flak Seed Oil

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fish Oil and Flak Seed Oil

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2007, 10:43

Hi everyone,
I know we've talked about this before, but how much does everyone take for a soft BM?
Thanks!

Re: Fish Oil and Flak Seed Oil

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2007, 11:03

For best results I think taking 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil in the morning and in the evening is good. Then also take a fish oil supplement (about 3). I like Fisol since it breaks down in the small intestine.
I know you didnt ask but I also take 2 aloe vera capsules a day to help and 3 magnesium glycinate.

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2007, 19:01

Thanks Lecia!
So when you were taking them (I'm assumming) when did you feel comfortable getting off the stool softners and going just with the oils?
Thanks!

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2007, 19:33

Well, when things were getting too loose then I figured I could back off of the stool softeners. But believe me, I wasn't in any rush!

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 28 Jul 2007, 19:56

Hey, Lecia. When you were taking the stool softnerers, what type were you taking? Colace? If so, how many miligrams a day...if you remember?
And what does the magnesium glycinate do exactly? I'm going to ask the next CRS I see about getting some.
Thanks!
steve
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2007, 20:01

I used to take 2 colace a day. One in the morning and one in the evening.
The mag glycinate is just a chelated from of magnesium that you can get OTC that helps with coordinating the muscles of bowels and loosening the stools a bit. I just ordered some at www.vitacost.com. It really helped me when I was getting over the effects of the anaestesia.

Postby Guest » 29 Jul 2007, 18:12

Lecia,
I picked up some Flax seed oil this weekend and it was sold refrigorated, but I read it should be. Is this only after opening?

Postby Guest » 29 Jul 2007, 18:15

Hey Chris,
Yeah, just stick it in the refrigerator after you open it. It doesn't need to be until you take the seal off. Make sure to shake it well before you use it!