Slow blood leakage from healed fissure site

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Slow blood leakage from healed fissure site

Postby afugh!! » 25 Jul 2010, 15:44

First off I haven't been on here for about 5 months now and I just wanted to say hello to everybody who still remembers me. Image hows it going everyone?Well life has been good since my fissure has re-healed back in Feb.and I would say my life is about 95-97% normal since then other than the fact that I'm still on my high fiber diet,still on stool softeners,and I still use baby wipes to wipe my bum.Well anyhoo a couple of nights ago I was lying down watching tv when I felt an itch on the old fissure site.It was irking me and thought maybe it was a little bit fof fecal matter that I didn't completely wipe off from my bm so I got some baby wipes to softly scratch the area and lord and behold it was blood.It felt kind of dry when I was wiping it off so I'm thinking it probably slowly leaked out through the course of the day.I'm not ready to say it is a re-tear because my bum feels absolutely normal but it definately has my attention.I've had two bm's since then and atleast it's so far so good.Is it normal for a healed fissure to leak blood?
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: Slow blood leakage from healed fissure site

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 26 Jul 2010, 23:40

Hey were you drinking too much during the Lakers title parade or something :)
My fissure hasn't bled for a while (knock on wood) so I can't say that I've experienced it before. But maybe others who have been healed for a while can chime in. Seems weird that a healed fissure would leak blood, but if it's not painful and doesn't continue, it doesn't seem like it should be a huge concern. Have you ever had hemorrhoids or anything in the past? Those could bleed while being mostly painless.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby afugh!! » 27 Jul 2010, 04:09

Ha no I didn't go to the Lakers parade,I was too lazy to wake up early Image and I didn't coordinate any plans with my friends.Next season when we 3-peat I won't miss out because it might be our last chance to win one before P.J. retires Image As for the blood I don't know...my butt feels absolutely normal and now that some days have passed I'm willing to write it off.I'm sure it's not the hemmys.From my recollection it was brownish red but I think it was a bit diluted since it was on baby wipes.Eh maybe I was just mudbutting it Image Its been four days and so far so good so hopefully thats all it was.As long as I feel no stinging or pain I'm not on full panic mode.Hows your fissure healing post LIS?
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 01 Aug 2010, 20:36

Hey I'm still kind of in the waiting game. Not sure what's up with my fissure and butt in general yet. Some days it's great and other days it decides to be difficult.
I'm gonna have to hang onto the phrase "mudbutting" lol. Hope it's still smooth sailing for you on the anal front.
I think we get the three-peat this year and then one more before Kobe retires.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 11 Aug 2010, 20:19

Well I definately had a re-tear today.I think before it wasn't fully healed and I do believe it was a slow leak.I've occasionally had little red blood drops since it has healed and usually no more bleeding that you get from squeezing a zit.Took a look down there last week with a mirror and I can see the fissure site and a big majority of it is healed but in the middle there was a little redness and when I dabbed the area with a tissue sure enough I had a little dot of blood.Today after a bm I wiped it a bit too aggressively and I re-tore it a little more and had a nice streak of blood.Atleast I have no pain or stinging but I'm definatley bummed out.Ughh I just don't know what I have to do to get this to fully heal.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 12 Aug 2010, 00:21

Awww dude that sucks! Sorry to hear this :( Hopefully the pain isn't all the way back to the days of acute fissure hell.
So are you back to the ol' ointments again? If it worked once, it might work again with just a bit more time and care right? Otherwise maybe your fissure is still at a stage where you can give Botox a go?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 12 Aug 2010, 01:27

Well I don't think I need to go back to the ointment since I don't have any tightening or spasms.I personally think my fissure is capable of healing on it's own but it's more of can it stay healed and get strong enough that it won't easily re-tear.I've been on top of my diet,stool softeners,and my stool has been consistentley soft so I don't know how I re-tore it a couple of weeks ago.I'm more worried that I didn't have any pain or stinging today,maybe it's so scarred up down there that I'm not feeling it anymore.Well I did feel a little tingle and a slight itch but eh atleast I can still function.I don't really know what to do about it right now but I did set a doc appt.and I guess I'll see from there.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby afugh!! » 12 Aug 2010, 01:32

Oh btw NG would botox help even though I don't have any tightening or spasming?
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 12 Aug 2010, 10:24

I don't know how long you've had your fissure, but I know from my experience in the past five months that it can be soft and if you eat sharp foods, they will scrape your fissure
and break it back open. Did you eat anything that was acidic or sharp?
I would keep using the ointment just because it decreases the anal pressure and promotes blood flow even if you aren't having spasms. I'm by no means an expert because I'm still battling this myself.

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 12 Aug 2010, 13:27

Hrm I'd still think Botox could potentially help. If you have a stubborn fissure, even though you can't feel any spasm, it seems likely IMO that there's still some tightness down there. Granted if the fissure isn't causing you any real pain then it may not be worth trying Botox, which will cause some temporary discomfort and has some (very) minor risks associated with it as well.
When's your doc appointment? I'd specifically ask him or her if they can feel any spasm of the sphincter muscle.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure