What painkillers do you get after LIS?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: What painkillers do you get after LIS?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 04 Apr 2010, 03:52

Nice, that's good to hear Brit. No reason to take the strong ones if the weaker ones are good enough :) Hope things go well for your Easter trip tomorrow!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby StevePain » 06 Aug 2010, 14:53

I only got Ibuprofen 400mg to be taken 3x day and Metronidazole (antibiotic) 400mg 3x day, infact the nurse said they couldn't prescribe anything strong like codeine because of the risk of constipation, but paracetamol were ok to take even though they're not really that effective!
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Aug 2010, 15:01

Steve - yes, Codeine can constipate , but it does not HAVE to. It never constipated me Image Just stay on stool softeners and voila !!!! I did not use softeners since I never constipate , but many people here used stronger stuff without constipation if they used softeners and stayed on a good diet Image
Just a thought :roll:
Can you at least get Valium ??? That will relax your sphincter and also make you sleepy so you can take one before you go to bed and have double benefit Image
PS: Of course they CAN prescribe things - it is just that they try to avoid if possible ! What do you think they prescribe to people with more extensive colorectal surgeries ??? ; )))
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby StevePain » 06 Aug 2010, 15:20

You're right Fissy, I'm gonna call my GP after the weekend if things haven't settled down and ask for some of the good stuff, I'm not sure if I'll get Valium though, that's particularly hard to get in the UK but anything stronger than paracetamol would be acceptable..
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Aug 2010, 15:25

Memo to myself - never move to UK ; ))) LOL
I wish I can send you some "good stuff" - they are crazy, really now ???!!!!!! Image They all should endure just ONE day with butt pain, OMG - they would be begging for meds on their knees Image !!!! To be honest, I am SURE they (doctors) use allll of that arsenal of drugs when THEY need it - *UGH Image , what a shame !!!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61