How much Miralax? I'm switching from Colace

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

How much Miralax? I'm switching from Colace

Postby Cagirl » 30 Nov 2010, 13:25

So Colace doesn't seem to be working so well and I'd like to switch to Miralax, thank you everyone here! How much should I start with? Any helpful suggestions? My LIS is on Thursday, so I really need to get this resolved.
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: How much Miralax? I'm switching from Colace

Postby cherylk » 30 Nov 2010, 14:03

It might take awhile for you to know because everyone is different. You might try with one capful (sachet) and adjust as necessary. I take 4 teaspoons daily (divided).
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 30 Nov 2010, 15:16

I use the capful.

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 30 Nov 2010, 23:13

I started with one capful (17 grams) as well. That's probably the safest bet. Once you see how it works for you, you can try adjusting the dosage accordingly. Bear in mind that Miralax can take a day or two to take effect, so if you don't see much effect right away, don't get discouraged. Be sure to drink lots of water while taking it because that really helps it work better.
Nowadays, I'm a "Miralax vet" and adjust the dose depending on what I ate during the day: if it was a McDonald's kind of day, I use a full cap; if it was a veggie soup kind of day, I go as low as half a cap :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45