almost 6 weeks post-op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: almost 6 weeks post-op

Postby StevePain » 01 Dec 2010, 02:54

Hey NG, I'm glad you're doing well, I'm hoping that once I reach the 6 month mark I'll be ok too, the recovery times the surgeons give are text book (based on the best and quickest healers) not us LOL...
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 01 Dec 2010, 07:42

NeuropathicGuy wrote:Also, I had mild annoying discharge ("skid marks" for lack of a better term) for a loooong time after LIS. Probably 3 months or so. It eventually subsided but does take time.

NG, I noticed this is gradually getting better w/me. It's so gross and I think if I couldn't rinse a few times a day( since I'm at home), it would make me crazy. Glad to see it eventually subsides.

Postby Mma T » 01 Dec 2010, 09:36

Thanks everyone I feel much happier about the whole thing now. I've started taking Isphagula husk on its own instead of Fybogel as I didn't like all the rubbish in it. I also think my sphincter took time to adjust but it's much better having only one bm a day instead of several as I did when taking Movicol.
Mma T

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 01 Dec 2010, 13:43

Steve, you're only what a month or two behind me, right? I'm sure your ass will be brilliant (hey that's what you UK'ers say right Image) soon enough!
And ya the skid marks are annoying and seem like they never go away. Even now that I don't have it anymore, I still try to rinse my rear in the bathtub after every poop. Obviously I can't do that at work or when I'm out, but at home it just feels so much cleaner. The discharge does subside, but I dunno if I can say the same about the over-rinsing habit :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 01 Dec 2010, 13:45

Actually, Ispaghula Husk is the only active ingredient in Fybogel unless you get a different version called Fybogel with Mebeverine Hydrochloride, it still contains Ispaghula Husk as well but it's for the treatment of IBS, this is the type I'm currently taking and it works like a charm.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 01 Dec 2010, 13:49

LOL NG, just brilliant! :D
Yeah, I'm a few days off being 4 months post-op so there's still time for more improvement, you and me must be real slow healers or was it that our fissures were in such a mess with scar tissue that it's taking longer, either way I'm still loads better than before surgery.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 01 Dec 2010, 18:01

Steve,
Did you notice that I put up the British Invasion on my avatar (for your benefit primarily)?????
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Sal7864 » 27 Jun 2017, 15:15

I am 18 weeks post-op and still have a little bit of leakage issue because it's not healed yet dr. Thinks once is completely healed that will go away I hope he's right. It's not a lot it's enough where I have to put a blotter down there. I was also diagnosed with low AIG which could hinder the healing so I'm taking lots of vitamin C and vitamin A to see if I can speed it up. If not there is a procedure that he says I can do on a Friday and back to work on a Monday I guess he cleans out the wound to help it heal faster but I am very reluctant to go under surgery again no matter how mild I would still have to go under anesthesia. Anyone else still not healed after such a long time?
Sal7864
Salt Bather

Topics: 5