A little over one year post LIS - counting my blessings!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

A little over one year post LIS - counting my blessings!

Postby busymom » 02 Dec 2010, 10:52

Hi all! I realized a few days ago that I had passed my one year mark the first week of November and things are still going good! It's amazing how grateful this has made me for good health and pain free days. I have some new issues with possible colitis, but I can handle that and deal with it better than I could with my 3 AFs.
Anyway, just wanted to check in. I hope everyone is doing well! Now that I am out of the pain, I am more aware of how much it truly affected my entire life. I certainly pray for everyone to not have to deal with that in their own lives as it really can be disabling. I had all my boys in multiple sports this fall, plus we moved, and I just could not have dealt with it had I been in constant pain and bleeding all the time. So...I am totally grateful for LIS and a GREAT doctor who knew what to do.
How's everyone?
busymom
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: A little over one year post LIS - counting my blessings!

Postby StevePain » 02 Dec 2010, 11:03

Great news mom,
How long after LIS did you completely get rid of the pain, just out of curiosity?
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby busymom » 02 Dec 2010, 11:11

Hey Steve - I was virtually pain free almost immediately after surgery. I had 3 major fissures all together and so I was concerned that the pain would continue as they healed. Not so for me. I have to say, though, that I really took care of keeping things clean and dry and tried to eat right and take stool softeners, especially for the first 6 months post-op.
busymom
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Guest » 02 Dec 2010, 13:17

Good news BusyMom!!
I'm six weeks post op and feel great. Like you the fissure pain was gone immediately after LIS.
I plan to keep doing all the things you mentioned above while healing- as I have been. Things have been going great and I don't want to mess it up :)

Postby Cagirl » 05 Dec 2010, 09:55

Congratulations to you. Your story is very inspirational and I'm so glad to see you're doing so well.
I had a major fissure according to the CRS, so you are my hero with 3!
Wishing you pain free days and years to come!
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby dwarfs8 » 26 Aug 2011, 07:58

hi busymom, i have 3 fissures too... 1 on the front, 2 hidden which my CR says it's probably hidden deeper in my canal... 4months have passed, and my healing has lots of ups and downs, healed and retears... so now i am considering LIS...
would like to know how did you take care of your incision and fissures after LIS? and u felt no pain at all after LIS? How's the pain mgmt like? And when did you stop taking stool softeners? when you stop them, did you replace it with something else to soften?
hope to hear from you soon.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19