3 wks post and stabing

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

3 wks post and stabing

Postby New mum » 06 Dec 2010, 22:23

YSo i am 3wks and 1day post lis, i am still getting some pressure at night and when i rest on my side which i dont know why that is?
The last few days i have started getting a stabing pain once or twice a day it only lasts a second but b4 the lis on my good days i had a little of this. I know things are looser because my bms are bigger and its ok.
Has anyone had this after a lis???? I dont wanrt to start thinking my fissuree is not healing.....
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: 3 wks post and stabing

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 07 Dec 2010, 00:19

Hey New Mum,
I had weird stabbing pains a few weeks after LIS too. There was definitely a change in sensation for me around that time -- from a dull aching soreness to more of an irritated sharp sensation. The stabbing would be very fleeting. It would shoot through there for a second or two every so often (maybe 10-20 times during the course of a day for me) and had little rhyme or reason to it. My position or what I was doing at the time didn't seem to matter much. I've seen this reported by others to varying degrees as well so I wouldn't think it's reason to fret. Your fissure should definitely be healing, it just takes some time. I was on here asking questions for weeks on end thinking mine would never improve, and it did, albeit quite slowly. You're getting there, just at your own pace :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby New mum » 07 Dec 2010, 02:38

Thanks ng i feel better now.
How far out of ur lis r u now? And r u feeling back to normal?
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 437 » 07 Dec 2010, 15:27

New Mum,
I am 5 days post op and I have had 2 or 3 very short instances of stabbing pain at the fissure site. I personally don't much to worry about but it freakse out too because I think it's going to be the start of something that's more long term. Not worried about it though and you shouldn't be either.
Fiberup
Deleted User 437

Postby Cagirl » 07 Dec 2010, 21:10

Sorry to find you here New mum. If you have reflux, lying on your right side may not be helping it. I think I remember something in nursing school also about lying on the right side that facilitates gastric emptying???? Image I know when my stomach starts grumbling, I immediately get off my right side.
I do get the stabbing pains, pre and post LIS. "Zingers" I call them. I don't recall any today, but in the past few days I have. I'm 5 days post LIS today.
Hope you're feeling better soon!
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 08 Dec 2010, 00:25

Hey Mum, I had LIS in early May of this year. So that puts me at half a year out if my math isn't too broken :)
I'm feeling mostly back to normal. Still some occasional butt irritation and mild discomfort/pain once in a while after a "challenging" poop but generally okay. I do still take Miralax every day, but I can pretty much chow down on whatever ridiculous junk foods I want now. Not perfect, to be frank, but certainly livable and nothing remotely like the hell of living with a fissure. I can definitely say that I'm glad I did it, even though I'm apparently the slowest healer on the planet.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby New mum » 08 Dec 2010, 05:07

I still laugh that my crs told me that on day 5 i will feel 100%...... Ha
Good to hear u are feeling good ng and eating anything, i would love some kfc chips mmmmm maybe in a few wks
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist