1 week post LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

1 week post LIS

Postby PM » 29 Dec 2010, 05:30

And I feel a lot better. Today no pain or stinging after BM and the bleeding stopped aswell and the black/red/blie bump is almost gone and the bruising aswell Image
BUT I still have some spasms for some hours after BM. They are not as bad as earlier, but they are still there Image and i thought the muscle wasn't able to spasm like that after LIS Image Did any one else have the spasms for a while after LIS?
Today I use Diltiazemgel after BM and the spasm wasn't as bad and for a shorter while today. I don't know if it's okay to use and I can't ask anyone because the surgins won't be back until the 3rd of january Image
I hope the spasm soon will disapear so the wund can heal better and faster and make me pain free en 2011 Image
Happy healing to you all
PM
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: 1 week post LIS

Postby Guest » 29 Dec 2010, 11:10

Hey there, I had spasms after Lis. The crs said it happens all the time. Steve Pain, fissy and Paul - other boardies had them also. They called me in valium and that immediately stopped them for me and all went up-hill after.

Postby Guest » 29 Dec 2010, 11:12

you keep calling the office and tell them you're having spasms and can't function. Hopefully they can get you some valium and it want take but a short time and you shouldn't need them for long.

Postby PM » 29 Dec 2010, 12:54

Thank you so much Dawn. Im glad to hear Im not alone and it dosn't mean I'm not healing. I was afrid the incision was my new fissure. There are no one at the anal sugery department (I have no idea to explain the place other ways in english, but it's a part of the public hospital) at the hospital until the 3rd and the same with my regular doctor. I guess i will just hang in there and wait for better days :roll:
I think the diltiazem gel helps me a little..
PM
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 29 Dec 2010, 13:58

Your Welcome!
I'm sorry you aren't able to get some valium. It's a muscle relaxer and helps to stop the spasms.
Try to take the warm baths for at least 3x's a day and stay in 20 minutes or longer, keeping the bath warm the whole time. It will help relax the muscle down there too. Take care!

Postby mrfissure » 29 Dec 2010, 15:37

I am at day 12 post-LIS. I had bad spasms after BM on the side where the incision was made for several days after LIS, but they have gradually tapered off as it feels like the incision is slowly healing. I also had a lot of bleeding at first which has also stopped now. I still get a little bit of something spasm-like right after a BM, but it's very, very mild and only lasts a minute or so, much less pain that what I had at day 7. And it's on the incision side, not the side where the fissure pain used to be. I'm still getting some weird random discomfort, itching, vague shooting pains that come and go but are not related to BMs. I won't relax until all the symptoms disappear, but for now I have to say I feel much better than I did during the first week after LIS.
mrfissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Postby PM » 30 Dec 2010, 00:35

I wish I could get the valium, but I guess I'll feel better for each day. My spassm are also at the incision side - I don't feel the fissure side either. Im glad to hear it's normal and it will lessen as times go by.
Thank you so much :D
PM
Fibre Addict