update.....

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: update.....

Postby Guest » 24 Jan 2011, 06:20

Hey cagirl,
How long has it been now since your LIS? I had a really easy time, I guess.... I was on my feet for hours at a time at 3 weeks. I wish you guys weren't having these set backs!! Image
I still don't feel like I'm out of the woods until years go by, but feeling pretty lucky(blessed) so far and a little guilty that it's not so easy for everyone.
psss... I don't know about hanging from the chandelier LOL ! It was kind of like senior citizens at first!! Image

Postby Cagirl » 24 Jan 2011, 10:12

I am 6 and a half weeks post op. I really am doing well comparatively and should be thanking my lucky stars, butt I just want to be 100 percent. I'm mostly tired of the leaking (not incontinence for any out there considering lis) and not being able to wear my normal clothes, not being able to stretch out and do gymnastics with my dd -I'm really turning into a stiffie, and soooo tired of the Miralax also. This is more of an emotional toll rather than a physical one at 6weeks post lis, and I suppose I should give it a while longer. Dawn, New Mum- do you think we're just
not giving this enough time? Dawn, when on earth is this leaking going to end???? I really am grateful that this isn't summer and hope this ends before white shorts roll around....
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Guest » 24 Jan 2011, 10:47

Hey Cagirl, I know exactly where you are coming from. The leakage has been the biggest drag. I still have to clean up there a couple of times after a bm, but It has improved majorly since the beginning. I really don't feel 100 percent at 3 months. I'd say closer to 95 percent. I still wouldn't feel safe doing anything that involves straining or lifting and if things aren't cleaned well down there a few times, I will still get irritation. I haven't had blood since my first week after LIS and no fissure pain at all but it's still kind of sensitive, like tender feeling...
I did wear white capris to church yesterday, Lol... But the thought did cross my mind if I should have Image
But it all was fine!
Six weeks really isn't that long, don't get discouraged! Even though I feel I've done well I wouldn't say I'm 100 percent- like nothing ever happened yet.