Quinoa

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Quinoa

Postby Guest » 03 Aug 2007, 23:43

I'm excited about this grain after doing some research on it. Especially because of the magnesium, which relaxes blood vessels, and lysine which promotes tissue growth and repair. It's recommended for people who suffer from migranes and heart issues. It's also one of the very few (only?) grains that is a complete source of protein.
I make all my baby's food and that's how I came across this! I plan on making it a part of my own diet as well. I hope it helps with the dang fissure!

Re: Quinoa

Postby Guest » 03 Aug 2007, 23:53

Postby Guest » 04 Aug 2007, 06:29

Thanks so much for the links and info. I had totally forgotten about this grain. It was used a lot by the Aztec Indians I believe for its rich complete source of protein.

Postby Guest » 05 Aug 2007, 15:31

Went to the health food yesterday and got some. It's awesome. Very simple to prepare and tasty.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Postby happyass » 05 Aug 2007, 19:27

see.....that is a perfect macrobiotic whole grain to have!
read up more on macrobiotics to find many other great grains for you!
enjoy!!!
:-)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby SunshineHope » 07 Aug 2007, 02:07

wow, sounds very interesting... thanks for the heads up
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 09 Aug 2007, 19:11

Fun fact: quinoa is labeled a grain, but it's actually most closely related to spinach.
I've been a high-protein-diet vegetarian for a long time (4.5 years), and quinoa is one of my staples.
My favorite dish is here: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/232544. It's a yummy spinach, quinoa, and mango salad.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements