Well that lasted all of 4 days!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Well that lasted all of 4 days!!

Postby Bobcat » 27 Jan 2011, 04:54

Just when I thought things were looking up!
Got up this morning, had pain free BM (and no blood for a change!!) and happily trotted off to work at 8am. By 8.45 am the pain starts to build........and by 10am I'm back home!!
I haven't re-torn and I'm convinced it's still the skin tag causing the problems. I'm so depressed with this!! I haven't done anything different, diet still the same, using the meds the same, I don't know what went wrong!! Image
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: Well that lasted all of 4 days!!

Postby alpinestrawberry » 27 Jan 2011, 08:07

Poor you. I've been there. It's totally random when the pain will hit. Have you been prescribed anything topical to help with the pain? If not, maybe you could give your doctor a call? I've never been given anything to help manage my pain. Mainly I just suffer, but when it gets really bad I take a walk and it helps.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Bobcat » 27 Jan 2011, 08:15

I can't walk when my pain hits. I'm just taking plain old paracetamol. Feeling better already to be honest.......just hope i can get to work tomorrow!
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Guest » 27 Jan 2011, 09:41

Hey BC,
It seems like it takes forever to get right once it's traumatized down there. I had so much trouble w/ the skin tag. It would swell then go down a little but it didn't take much to make things worse and weeks of baths to get it to go down. It was so uncomfortable!

Postby Guest » 27 Jan 2011, 14:36

Hi BC,
I know exactly how you feel. So many times I felt better and then things went backwards. It gets you down and you imagine the worst, wondering if it will ever get better. Well it will but it can be a rough road but hang in there.
If you can take Iboprufen try taking that with your paracetamol as it will help with inflammation (and so swelling). At least it helped me.
What do you do between BM and when pain starts? If you move about etc can you limit this? Maybe if the skin tag is the cause of your pain you could try vaseline. Putting it bluntly make it slippery down there and perhaps the skin can 'move' about without getting so irritated.
PS I've had an advancement flap surgery just before Xmas.
Last edited by Guest on 28 Jan 2011, 00:36, edited 1 time in total.

Postby StevePain » 27 Jan 2011, 15:00

That's the thing with fissures, they have a nasty habit of rearing their ugly heads just when you think they've gone away, infact it's a cycle that many of us go through and most of us for years, I had over 2 years of fissure hell, ups and downs and emotional distress (depression) which eventually culminated in me getting the surgery because I just couldn't carry on and even now I'm having issues at nearly 6 months post-op..
Having a fissure is life changing - for the worst!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Bumbutt » 28 Jan 2011, 03:25

Hi Bobcat - I have to say it also sounds familiar... For me, I have to restrict my activity after my morning bathroom visit - otherwise it gets more painful in the hours afterwards. For awhile I was also taking paracetemol as soon as I woke up (pills ready to go on the night stand).
It's so hard to accept... I think we just want this all to go away, and when we feel good we try to go back to normal... and then our AF reminds us who is still there...
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7