Retear and more pain...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Retear and more pain...

Postby alpinestrawberry » 08 Feb 2011, 14:10

Ha! I just snagged that picture off the internet...I remember seeing those toilet monsters a long time ago in magazine that sells all sorts of ridiculous gag items--I guess you're supposed to put that thing in the toilet before guests come over so you can startle them. The joke will be on you if you wind up cleaning ___ off a rubber toilet monster.
Yes, we'll both live through this--I am serious about the whiskey though--two shots won't hurt and may help.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby callmecrazy » 08 Feb 2011, 16:33

Have no fear Alpine! My CRS was very gentle and it didn't hurt me one bit with my exam. He did not use a full scope, just something to hold me open so he could examine me. He even used a numbing agent, so that probably made it much easier.
When in doubt, liquor yourself up though! LOL You can't go wrong with that!
callmecrazy
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby happyass » 08 Feb 2011, 17:43

well when i was in pain with the skin tag this last december, not only did i get a finger, but i got one anoscope and then i got another! ugh.
well, it was kinda my fault i guess. the first anoscope, i think my body leaked some crap on it! LOL! a bit embarrassing but hey, i didn't tell the CRS to be putting stuff up my butt!
but yes, them two were very uncomfortable.
but once it is over, it is over.
good luck!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Bumbutt » 09 Feb 2011, 02:36

I just got my papers for my visit Feb 22 - they'll do a sigmoidoscopy. I might call them and ask if they can give me a valium or something before hand. If not, I'll go the whiskey route! Even though my appointment is in the AM. Whiskey on my All-bran. (Actually doesn't sound too good...).
That picture is too perfect for this forum... Image
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby alpinestrawberry » 09 Feb 2011, 08:02

Bumbutt, I would think they'd want to give you some form of sedation for that procedure? Hopefully. I'd demand it. I haven't gotten any paperwork and I have no idea what's going to happen at my visit. But my guess is, if they're going to do any procedures like that, they'll want to schedule them for another day.
Good luck, at least you're on the road to getting this fixed!
Happyass, what a rough time. I'm sure they've seen it all before, and then some. Like you said, at least it's over! I have to admit I'm jealous, but happy for you of course!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bumbutt » 10 Feb 2011, 02:35

I think I will call them to talk about some sedative - also they will give me a super-laxative to clean out my system (rather than an enema I guess), and I assume I will lay off the miralax for a day, but want to ask.
How are you doing now? Do you still have increased pain?
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby alpinestrawberry » 10 Feb 2011, 09:43

Aww thanks for asking! Today isn't going so well either. BM seemed harder/drier than normal and it was tough to pass--there was more pain than bleeding this time though. I didn't see any blood on the tp, but there was a tiny stripe of it on the stool, so I'm guessing I have an open fissure that's more internal. I've never had the gobs of blood that some people get, usually it isn't a whole lot and the worst burning pain occurs long after the BM. I guess this is what I get for trying to see if I can by with only fiber supplements/water and no stool softeners...you'd think I'd learn.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby alpinestrawberry » 10 Feb 2011, 10:04

Oh and, at least you know exactly what to expect at your first visit. They're being very efficient with you, not messing around wasting your time.
I wish I had some idea what to expect from my visit...I swear I'll scream if all they do is offer me a prescription for some dumb ointment. I don't know which would be a worse outcome...him sending me away telling me use some more ointment for a few more months, or having him gasp in horror at my butt and tell me I need every surgical procedure in the book to fix it.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sphinctersaurus » 10 Feb 2011, 23:39

Hey alpine,
Sorry to hear that you're having a rough time. Roll on that appointment huh! I saw two different CRS's before having surgery, and neither one of them wanted to use a scope on me. Both said that the symptoms fit and also, my fissure was partially visible. You'll get through it though! Hang in there! I definately like the idea of having something like Vicodin beforehand. Should make things more tolerable. In the end, I just had to tell the CRS I wanted surgery and that was the reason I was in her office. She agreed that I'd given healing a pretty good shot, and agreed to do it. I gather you've been dealing with this for a while now. Hope you can get what you want/need soon!
Love the avatar by the way! Image
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Bumbutt » 11 Feb 2011, 01:54

Yeah, I didn't manage to get my pain under control or achieve the miracle soft poop until I introduced miralax - but then again, I wasn't eating only cooked veggies then either.
When I went to the GP, she saw that I had hemmies and an AF for 6 weeks, so she referred me to visit the surgery department. I was really surprised. Maybe it is the way they do it in the Swedish health care system (to assume that surgery is needed when past 6 weeks and into the chronic stage). I think they consider this as a pre-surgical visit (and maybe to see if it's needed or not), and maybe since I had internal hemmies that is why they want to get a better look inside. Usually in the Swedish health care system they just tell you that you need to exercise more and this will cure all your ills. Image
Like sphinct said, you might have to be firm with them about wanting to get LIS and be done with this once and for all. It does feel somehow strange to argue for surgery (please, cut my butt!), but after 5 years, you know you have given it a good shot.
Wishing you a better day!!
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist