Do most insurances cover Botox injections?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Do most insurances cover Botox injections?

Postby Guest » 14 Aug 2007, 11:49

I am sorry for posting a million ?? lately, but I am new and trying to decide on the action I want to take.
Jennie

Re: Do most insurances cover Botox injections?

Postby Guest » 14 Aug 2007, 11:59

I have Blue cross blue shield state and it does not cover botox. I know there are people on here who have had it covered by insurance though. Maybe you can call your benefits office and see or ask the doctors office to see if they can preauthorize it.

Postby buttgirl » 14 Aug 2007, 12:25

I have Kaiser. They cover it.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 14 Aug 2007, 13:33

Lecia wrote:I have Blue cross blue shield state and it does not cover botox. I know there are people on here who have had it covered by insurance though. Maybe you can call your benefits office and see or ask the doctors office to see if they can preauthorize it.

I also have Blue Cross, so I guess I will be on my own. Does Blue Cross cover the injection procedure?
How much does Botox cost?
Why in the world would insurance not cover something that may save them from paying for surgery?? Stupid if you ask me. :shock:
Jennie

Postby Guest » 14 Aug 2007, 16:57

Jennie,
Call your insurance company to see if it covers Botox. Not every Blue shield plan is the same and varies state to state. I do insurance billing for a doctor and I call on benefits everyday so I would ask just so you have an idea. Also ask if it needs a authorization. My did I made sure they had one before I went. If you have any more questions let me know.
Patty

Postby Guest » 14 Aug 2007, 17:51

burnbutgrl wrote:Jennie,
Call your insurance company to see if it covers Botox. Not every Blue shield plan is the same and varies state to state. I do insurance billing for a doctor and I call on benefits everyday so I would ask just so you have an idea. Also ask if it needs a authorization. My did I made sure they had one before I went. If you have any more questions let me know.
Patty

Thanks, Patty. I will call. Thanks for the info.
Now if I can only find a CRS that will do it. I called the CRS office after I cancelled my surgery. The nurse told me he did not offer Botox, but I am going in next week to talk to him.
Jennie