How long on Nifedipine

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How long on Nifedipine

Postby Guest » 15 Aug 2007, 08:41

Wondering how long people have been on Nifedipine before "healing" and or deciding to move on to another option?

Re: How long on Nifedipine

Postby Guest » 15 Aug 2007, 10:04

I was on it for about 4 months and that along with baths helped me heal without further intervention.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 Aug 2007, 10:13

I would have stayed on it indefinitely, had I not had surgery. I may not have healed me, but it made the difference in my pain. I went off it once and paid for it...it made me remember how bad things were before I started using it...
Deleted User 5

Postby fissure101 » 15 Aug 2007, 14:22

I was on it for a month then switched to nitro. Eventually had to have the surgery.
fissure101
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 16 Aug 2007, 08:22

Thanks everyone!
I've been on it for 3 weeks today. I'm not having spasm or "throbbing" and I feel a bit looser down there. I still have discomfort during a BM and spotting of blood on the wipes. Frankly the only thing that seems to be bothering me now is the fissure itself. Lecia, Kim, is this similar to what you guys went thru?
Sorry for all the questions its just that my CRS, although quite competent and experienced, like most doctors lacks people skills. Her answers to my questions are usually comprised of 1 line dry, clinical responses.[/i]

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Aug 2007, 09:07

You actually sound like it's working better for you than it did for me!
If you can control/reduce/eliminate the spasms, then your fissure will be able to heal much more easily, as the blood flow will be richer at the fissure site.
Yes, the spotting from the fissure will continue. Until it it is 110% healed, it will spot some, from time to time. Don't let that worry you.
And whatever you're doing diet-wise right now, keep it up, it seems to also be helping...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 16 Aug 2007, 10:28

Yeah, you sound like you are doing way better than I was on the cream. I sometimes wondered if it was even working. But in the end it did help. I still have some left and I am afraid to throw it away.
I also bled on and off during the whole healing process.