is this abcess or some new complication ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

is this abcess or some new complication ?

Postby thegreat_in » 03 Mar 2011, 10:27

I have always had two skin tags for the past year when my original fissure healed and one of them right my anus is pink while the other one distal (towards the spine) is my natural skin color. Anyway the last two days the pink skin tag is swollen and irritated. Today morning I wake up and look it is really swollen like the size of kidney bean and more troubling for me it also has a white line at the end. It has been swollen before but I have never seen this white line
Does this mean it is infected and I have abcess or something going on there like thrombosed hemorrhoid ? I have no fever or pain or chills etc etc and no drainage either. Should I try to go in and see the CRS ? My next appt is only in first week of April
The other weird thing that I noticed is that I started having more spasms (very mild and not painful) after my doctor put me on diltiazem and sitz bath. This also always starts to happen at night time when I go to bed. It was not noticeable before I went on this regimen
I am beginning to think that my luck has run out with this fissure and it is not going to heal like last year. still no pain or discomfort during / after BM though I have not gone yet today with this very swollen skin tag
thegreat_in
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: is this abcess or some new complication ?

Postby alpinestrawberry » 03 Mar 2011, 14:34

Well, I think it's a great sign that you don't have fever, pain, or drainage. I've had my own scare this week with a sore bump that looked red and inflamed for a day or two, but seems to be fading away now.
I think sometimes we look at our own butts too much, and since we're not butt doctors we don't know what it is exactly that we're seeing, so it freaks us out. It's easy to let your imagination run away, i.e.....what is THAT thing sticking out!? Why is this area purplish!?
If you have morbid curiousity or you just want to feel better about the way your butt looks, there are some pretty horrifying pictures of abscesses and hemorrhoids on the net. Sometimes it's hard to be positive when you suffer with AF's, but when you see those pictures, well...~thank God that's not my butt~....
So, I think you should try not to worry too much unless you develop a lot of pain, drainage, or fever! April only seems like a long time away; it's just around the corner! And you can always give the doctor a call if things get worse.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17