botox question..for those who have had it

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

botox question..for those who have had it

Postby alx » 09 Mar 2011, 01:03

i had my first botox treatment two weeks ago
the last two weeks have been unbearable and the pain totally different than anything i experienced previous.
i had only 30 units injected but with 8-10 different needles. i was in so much pain from the needles at that point i lost count. over the last two weeks i have something very unusual happening. it appears the outter muscles have been paralyzed but the inner muscles are 100x more tight and tense than before. after bowel movements these inner muscles tighten up for the next 10-14 hours and induce extreme pain on the fissure. there is one very hard small, swollen lump that also pushes hard against the fissure. i have no idea whats going on here. if i push the muscles away the pain is relieved instantly although it come back very quickly. they pain is just overwhelming and like nothing i have experienced yet with my chronic fissure. just wondering if its common to do the botox injections with this many needles? or if the rest of your who had it done just had one or two needles? wondering if my botox doctor is not experiences?
im just worried, as many people are on this forum.
if your have had successful botox please let me know how many units you had as well as how many needles. thanks.
thanks
alx
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: botox question..for those who have had it

Postby alpinestrawberry » 09 Mar 2011, 08:06

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. :(
I have never heard of using so many needles to inject the botox, honestly that sounds absolutely ridiculous. I don't know what the lump may be, but injecting the area like that can cause thrombosed hemorrhoids, so maybe it's that?
I suppose it's even possible that they injected the wrong area and paralyzed the wrong sphincter.
I have never had botox, but most of the people who have find that it takes a few weeks to start working. I don't want to discourage you, but I haven't seen many botox success stories here. However, that may just be because people post about negative experiences more than positive ones. I think doctors wouldn't use the stuff at all if it never worked. The statistics say that you have a better chance of healing with botox than just with fissure ointments.
It's also possible to combine ointments and botox--are you using any ointment? If it were me, I'd try to get some ointment to help relax the sphincter...it can't hurt to try.
Best wishes!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Elphie » 09 Mar 2011, 21:56

I had Botox in November , one shot, don't know how much but it was shockingly painful. The ride home that day was the best I'd had in months. I live an hour away from my CRS so when I got home with no pain I was encouraged and amazed the first step forward in months! That was a Wednesday, by Saturday it was worse than ever before! I now have what I think is a protruding hemmy that pulls the fissure open. I called my CRS the following Monday it was all I could do not to sob while talking to him and answering his questions. He asked me to give it some time to heal and to call him in two months. I muddled thru but when I saw him in February he offered me more, I flatly refused and insisted I need surgery. He finally agreed. It's on April 13th o I hope it works!
I wouldn't recommend it but I know it works for some. Good luck!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Elphie » 09 Mar 2011, 21:59

I actually asked if he had somehow paralyzed the muscle "in spasm" the pain was so bad like a constant "zinger" apparently that's not possible...
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 10 Mar 2011, 14:22

I had BOTOX back in 2009. 30 units into each side. I recall the actual shots being moderately painful but very tolerable. It was either 2 shots total (1 each side) or 4 shots total (2 each side) ... I don't recall exactly. Anyway I drove myself home (about 60 miles) after the procedure and that wasn't a problem.
For the few days immediately afterward, though, I did have some pain (soreness mostly) and a little swollen lump (it could be seen and touched from the surface of the butt cheek). A few weeks later, things felt great. BOTOX healed my fissure but only temporarily -- it eventually recurred.
I wonder if you also have one of these lumps and its position is just such that it irritates the fissure. There's also no consensus on exactly where to inject BOTOX when treating fissures, so it may be that the placement wasn't optimal for your case. Or it simply didn't work and the fissure just got worse. I'd say to get it checked out if it doesn't resolve over the next week or two. If you're not seeing some type of relief after a few weeks then it's likely that BOTOX didn't work anyway and other treatment modalities should be considered...
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby alx » 10 Mar 2011, 17:54

thanks everyone for your input.
im not sure what im going to do... just need to think about it a bit more and (somehow) deal with the insane pain after BM.
alx
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5