Day 14 update

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Day 14 update

Postby garwha » 19 Apr 2011, 22:34

The pain of the hemorrhoid and fissure are almost non-existent. Occasionally, it stings after going to the restroom. I am still having major pain from my lower back down to the bottom of my cheeks. I am not sure what this is from. I do not have it until I use the restroom in the morning. Then it stays with me until I sleep for the night. Hopefully, tomorrow will be different. Browsing this site is helping to ease my nerves. This too shall pass.
The not so sweet news is that I had been feeling pain in my groin area when using the restroom. I had an appointment today for it. Turns out I have a linguinal hernia. The doc said the healing time for the surgery on that should be much shorter than these others are.
garwha
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Day 14 update

Postby Elphie » 20 Apr 2011, 05:51

That muscle pain your describing could be due to your position during surgery. I've read all the surgery on the anal fissure self help page and some ppl get the ankles behind the ear position(!!) and experience lower back pain for awhile. Might b something to ask the surgeon. Sorry about your hernia, like you need something else right now! Hope u feel better soon, glad to hear fissure pain is gone!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Re: Day 14 update

Postby Deleted User 579 » 20 Apr 2011, 08:09

That really sucks about the hernia, Garwha. I'm so sorry that you are going through that, after all you've already been through! It is good news that the fissure/hemmie pain is pretty much gone, though, so hopefully after you get the hernia fixed, you will be on the road to complete recovery. Could the hernia be causing or contributing to the back pain?
Deleted User 579