I am so happy this website exsists

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

I am so happy this website exsists

Postby Catsitter » 23 May 2011, 04:39

Hi guys
I am new here and stumbled across this website when looking for more help on google searches.
I have been suffering with a fissure, piles and a skin tag since last August. I am living on lactulose (pooh softener) and having to inject instilligel into my bottom every time I have a movement. My doctors have put a referral in for me to have surgery, but the referral can’t come quick enough.
I feel like I have a hot poker sizzling away at it constantly. All I want to do is sleep so I can’t feel the pain. I am also slowly becoming depressed as it’s an awful thing to have. I can’t walk properly, almost likened to a waddling duck! I am undergoing IVF shortly and I don’t want to have these problems whilst pregnant as more pressure on it will only make it worse.
Thank god for this website! I have already read some comforting words from other sufferers and want to thank the creator of this website for doing so. I intend to contribute as much as I can to help fellow sufferers in offering and gaining advice.
Catsitter
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: I am so happy this website exsists

Postby NotHappyJan » 23 May 2011, 06:27

Oh catsitter, you poor thing! So sorry that you are suffering so much - I truly hope that you get in to have surgery soon.
As you have observed, the encouragement/empathy from the people here is amazing. I hope it is as helpful to you as it has been to me - a completely unexpected blessing. I've found it so reassuring to know that I'm not the only one suffering in this way - and the advice I have found here has been really insightful and helpful.
Sorry you (like all of us) have to be here, but so glad you found us.
Here's to a good butt day!
NotHappyJan
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby sidra1968 » 23 May 2011, 07:05

Welcome catsitter (I like that handle!)..glad you found the site.
I had to respond because "being violated with a broken beer bottle followed by having a fiery hot poker up there for 6 more hours" is EXACTLY how I described my pain.
Still don't think anyone believes us that it is THAT horrible, because it defies logic how a tiny "cut" can cause that much agony - when it doesn't when it's on your finger, for example.
You will find understanding here, that is for sure!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Deleted User 579 » 23 May 2011, 10:28

Welcome Catsitter! I'm sorry you have to be here, but you will definitely find lots of support and great advice from the people here. I know exactly the pain you are describing! You are not alone. I am 13 days post-LIS (and skin tag removal) and I am very happy I had it done. I'm still tender and sore, but nothing like before and I'm looking forward to a complete recovery (KOW!) soon. There is hope for this evil affliction, either through surgery or more conservative treatments. There's no quick fix, but we can get fixed eventually - hand in there! I hope you get your referral real fast. :D
Deleted User 579