2 skin tags no pain no bleeding just ugly. Removal?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

2 skin tags no pain no bleeding just ugly. Removal?

Postby bummer » 14 May 2011, 17:27

I am a 29 yr old female and have had these skin tags for many years. Since HS I can only remember to aweful experiences on the bowl. The 1st senior yr HS and the last 3 years ago. I often have hard stool but I fix the problem by getting off the bowl and drinking water and eating fruit and can later go back and have a smoother BM.
My ex and I were together for 8 years and he never mentioned my skin tags although I know he saw them...I was comfortable with him but still a tiny bit self conscious. Now a year and a half after our break up I'm dating someone else who I really like. He saw them and touched it with his finger during sex. He didn't make an issue out of it and wasn't disgusted but I was still mortified!
I don't have any pain nor any bleeding, occasional swelling after some BMs. I just find them to be so unsightly and embarrassing! So I well to a CRS, he told me he can remove them in his office. I really want to do this but every where I turn on the internet it sounds like this will only cause more problems! I don't know of any stories that have "happy endings" Image
My 2 skin tags are pea sized, on the edge of the anal opening. I want to know if I get them removed will:
they come back eventually?
other skin tags form?
Generally how long will it take for the cuts to heal?
Is there a way I can avoid fissures during the healing process?
Is it worth it to get it removed since it doesn't cause any physical discomfort?
bummer
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: 2 skin tags no pain no bleeding just ugly. Removal?

Postby Elphie » 14 May 2011, 19:04

I have lived with ugly since the birth of my first child, hemmeroids, skintags, the dreaded fissure, after all that, my honest answer is leave it alone, but the AF gave me this fear so it might be as simple as removing a mole if you have no other issues....but be warned, there are alot of nerve endings down there so it could hurt. There are ppl on here that have more trouble healing skintags than surgery. I don't know if skintags cause AF, but after a year of THAT pain, I'd take ugly in a second! Of course, easy for me to say, haven't been single in 18 yrs! Search for skintag threads on here, maybe you'll get more info, I know it's a tough decision, good luck!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby frustrated » 17 May 2011, 16:50

After the pain I have had the last 9 months, I'm with Elphie...if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Having said that, I know you are young and single and if you must rid yourself of the tags I cab tell you my experience.
3 weeks post op my fissure seems to be healing nicely, but the tag removal spot still hurts. I had swelling and the incision site hurt like hell up until a few days ago.
I'd give yourself more time than the doc recommends for time off work/recreation. It sounds as though most of them say a few days and you'll be so much better, but ot takes longer than that.
Definately watch those hard stools...I had them for years before my fissure reared it's ugly self. If you have them removed, you may want to take some miralax to keep the stools soft while healing.
I think the tags are not going to cause fissures or anything else, but the hard stools can. Usually, tags are formed from some trauma like a hard stool causing a tear that you may not have even realized was there. The tear/fissure will heal on it's own and the tag sticks around.
If you do get some pain or bleeding in the future and think you may have a fissure, Keep your stools soft with Miralax and get some diltiazem cream from a doctor. It's easier to heal them on your own if you catch em early. If you wait too long it can become chronic and you may need surgery.
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby bummer » 26 May 2011, 14:46

Thank you Elphie and Frustrated for your kind words and wisdom! I just had my tags removed a few hours ago! I'm going to post my experience in a few...
bummer
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Elphie » 26 May 2011, 19:53

I hope you are doing well and it didn't hurt too much! It might seem like a simple little procedure but get lots of rest, pulling it might cause some pain but good you got it over with! Good luck, I hope you heal fast!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10